First grow stunted growth

I planted my first seed on the 26th of Aug. The seed sprouted on the second day and by the 4th or 5th day it was about 1 inch tall. It is still the same height. It had neut. burn and that was corrected. Over watered and stopped watering. Over watering was due to ineffective meter. I now use the finger method. Ph was a little high and I transplanted it in a pot where the ph is 7. Lighting is by a led lamp that is kept 12 inches above the plant. The lamp (bulb) has 9 red and 3 blue leds, 12 watts total. Temp. stays between 65 and 80 degrees F. What else should I look for? Or should I give up in this grow and start a new one?

1 Like

Let her one more week… Maybe she’s stretching her roots first :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

@DavidJEK

It sounds like you have a lot of things going in a short amount of time. I wouldn’t give up but like @M4ur said, let her go, just light water and give her time to recover.

@DavidJEK don’t give up please, it sounds to me like you had a ph swing with a seedling and could take a week or two to get back right. And to tell you the truth me and most other new growers had the same problem. It really isn’t a big deal and can be fixed.
First ph of soil should be 6.5 going in , other then that you should be fine good luck

1 Like

Thanks for all the feedback. I’ll stick with it and let you know what transpires in a week.

2 Likes

@DavidJEK you might try a humidity dome over the seedling for a few days to a week, something to raise the relative humidity to 75%, and remove to let fresh air in a few times during the day… and keep the temps up near 80F.

Well the first grow is no more. While moving the plant from the garage to bedroom my puppy ate the plant. Luckily the plant was only about 3/4 inch high. Starting a new grow. and I need to know what is the best method to lower the ph in the pot I will be transferring it to.

@DavidJEK

Sorry for your loss my friend. Chalk it up as a learning experience and get another one soaking. There are lots of experienced growers that will walk you through your entire grow. There are no stupid questions, just ask. These great folks are guiding me as I go too.