First grow, stealth (sorta) random bag seed

I just find this on YouTube… I hope it’s ok to posted (I was looking for links or something else and don’t find anything so I will post it). This will be perfect for your grow box :+1:

PS If you see any links in this video please let me know and I will remove it.
@Tylan

5 Likes

Sweet thanks @M4ur!

1 Like

Haha, yeah, I should be less verbose, hard to explain this crazy setup though.

Probably true, best not to find out, I agree. :slight_smile:

Brilliant, I put her behind the computer for an hour while I got the lights done, bought me a little more space. Also, I can still remove the rack she’s sitting on for another inch or so, came out okay, considering…

May get a couple of clip lamps with the cones for the sides. If the temps stay “seasonal” (for here), I can add quite a bit of light, my schedule is also such that I’m here and awake the entire time the lights are on, so I started roteting her every few hours, I do that til the lights go off, no idea if it will make a difference, what do you think? Also, all that in and out keeps it from getting too hot. :ok_hand:

Speaking of temperature, I found a vid on YT to make a extension cord thermostat, super easy, I just need to try and find the thermostat locally, then I can use the lightbulb heater. Other folks might also find it useful.

Okay, today is the first day of week 5 of flowering, started bloom nutes about 10 days ago, watered once again since then but no nutes. Tested the tap water I’m using, ph is about 0.8, can I lower it with a little vinegar? Or should I just get some phDown and be done with it? (as luck would have it, the grocery store had phUp, I can find it somewhere else though, how important is it? Anyhow, here she is now, does she look about right for the first day of week 5, or should she be further along? I really have very little to go on til I got one grow under my belt. :smiley:

So experts, what do you think? Does my girl look like she’s on the right track?

Happy New Year everyone! Thanks for all the great help and suggestions so far!

3 Likes

I don’t know exactly if is helpful but I was there :laughing: but only once in a day :wink:
Also that Thermostat is amazing… Great idee m :+1:

1 Like

Do whit pH down and pH up… I use something for fish tanks😜

1 Like

Seems I forgot what strain and photo period strain or autoflowering?

1 Like

Cool! Hadn’t thought of fish tanks! Duh! Hahaha, I was thinking swimming pools, they sell it by the gallon, might be a bit much. :joy: Sweet, I’ll stop by the pet store tomorrow.

Nah, she’s just a random bag seed, I have no idea what strain it is. I just meant does she look okay generally, for a cannabis plant at this stage? Doesn’t have to be too accurate, she’s a mystery lady haha, Just trying to figure out how close to “normally” she’s growing, like health-wise and all. If it’s just completely impossible to tell, that’s okay too.

1 Like

She seems to be in schedule but maybe one week behind :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:, I think more light… Maybe you can get a PK booster… What nutes do you use?
Also you can go whit that system I showed you (led light bulbs)

1 Like

Pool stuff will kill your girls, fish tank up and down will work.
My tap comes out at close to 8ph and when I add my nutes (fox farm) it goes to 6.4-6.7 perfect :sunglasses:
Now you can use vinegar but I have no experience with it. Read that it is not stable.

3 Likes

Using Botanicare, pure blend grow and bloom, (obviously using bloom now lol). This is the Amazon link.
Cool, was going to go with LED originally, but everything I read about them said plants could get light burn if LEDs were too close, didn’t know if it just referred to the panels, or if that applied to just the regular LED household lights too. Just to be safe, I went with CFLs, does the light burn thing not apply to the regular LED lamps? If I could add LED’s I could add a ton more light, without taking a hit in the heat department. I went with CFLs because I was worried about light burn, because it’s so close in there. Haven’t watched the vid yet, will watch it now, thanks!

Okay, watched it, that would be super cool, I didn’t know you could take them apart, think maybe if I do that with some LEDs and add them for the lights on the side they’d be far enough away? Do you think there’s enough room? That would add a lot, since they don’t need to be as close. Going to go ahead and get those cones anyway with the clips, with the lights this way, I have a little more room, think I should add LEDs to them?

2 Likes

I don’t think that kind of light will throw to much heat… Them are like this one

Also I don’t know anything about that brand… Look if they have some kind of bloom booster

2 Likes

That’s actually about what I got when I tested the runoff water weirdly, it’s seemed fine so far, but better to make sure. With as much “not ideal” as I got here, every little bit helps, thanks, glad I mentioned it, killing it would kill ME at this point lol!

1 Like

No no, I mean light burn, or at least I’ve read LEDs need to be kept 12-18 inches from your plant, or even without the heat, they get burned. The pics of it look like a nutrient deficiency, I don’t know, I haven’t seen anything from people who actually grow with them, so I’m kind of paranoid to use them this close. I could be mistaken though, have you grown with them at all?

At any rate, will get a few more splitters/extensions to get the lights closer, you can puzzle them together and make all kinds of different angles lol. Hey, there is 710 watts in that box, that oughtta be worth something:smile:
edit:
also, don’t let the camera fool you, the pics just make it look much dimmer than it actually is lol, at this point, opening it up is like staring directly at the sun. :smile: I do need to focus it though…
(was just looking at the picture thinking “man, that looks really dim…” :stuck_out_tongue: no idea if that’s what you were thinking or not)

1 Like

@M4ur - Uh oh, I goofed, I just realized I ordered the wrong nutrients, these are the hydro nutrients, I just followed a link to it and thought it was the right stuff, but I found this in the comments…

“this product is not the soil formula, its the hydro formula. soil has an npk ratio of 1-4-5. the npk ratio of this one is 2-3-5. do you have it?” :scream::scream::scream:

I’ll contact Amazon and see if they’ll take these back? I don’t know, it’s already opened though, dang! If they won’t take it back I’m kind of screwed… :frowning:

1 Like

Sorry to hear that… Maybe you find something cheap for bloom stage…

1 Like

I’ll work it out I guess.
update
Found some of the same for $10, won’t be here til the 8th though, just use plain water til then? Well, the same brand, but the right npk ratios, hopefully be okay for a week…

She will be fine…!

1 Like

Little bit more light, going to get another clip light for the other side, probably tomorrow, just wanted to try one first, see how it fit. 11x60w is about all the lights I can do, just too hot otherwise, hopefully two cones is enough.

Would it be better if I use one bulb, to use all the reflective surface? Or is 2 like this IE more wattage, better? Had to add a socket extender, not wide enough otherwise, so they stick out, biggest cone that would fit though…Obviously two cfls is more heat…

But I can always do this, since I left the top accessible, I try not to let it go much above 85F…

She seems happy at any rate, fattening up, just doing it slowly, or slower than I expected anyway, I’m usually more patient, but I’m dying to know how this is going to turn out with this improvised setup and a random seed I found :grin: might be good, might be utter rubbish lol…I’ll feel better once I get the right nutrients going… (anyway, these pics look encouraging)

3 Likes

She looks lovely :heart_eyes:.
Maybe you can put a bigger exhaust fan connected to a Thermostat but this kind(i use that to start a water pump when temperature is rising to a point I establish, it’s for my heating source that heat my house.

2 Likes

Thanks, that’s good to hear, first grow and all, it’s hard to tell what’s “normal” and what’s not haha

Well, if needs be, I can attach my current exhaust fans (2 x120mm PC case fans, running on a 12VDC PC power supply unit) to the 120VAC, should run about 10x faster, a lot noisier though.

For now, think I’m just going to manage the heat by venting the top and front occasionally while the lights are on if it gets too warm. If they were on 24 hours it would be unmanageable, but I’m up all night on the computer anyway. I don’t smoke cigarettes in the house, the cabinet is out where I go for a smoke, so checking on it during a smoke break is no problem.

Here’s what it looks like with both cones, I think I can get it done with 10 lamps if I do it this way, we’ll see how she reacts. Looks a lot ‘brighter’, to me at least. Getting fuller by the hour seems like, or maybe it’s just getting tight in there :rofl: she reacted well to the first cone, should be better with two. See in a few days, good learning experience…

2 Likes