First grow started Blue Dream and Gorilla Glue

Well I have started my first grow. I just put two Blue Dreams and one Gorilla Glue from ILGM in solo cups. I will be growing in FFHF at first then switching to FFOF when I make the first transplant. I also plan on using FF nutrients.
I will be growing in a 4x4x7.5 Mars Hydro tent. I have a Mars Hydro TSW 2000 and 6 inch fan.
I have been studying how to grow for a while now trying to soak up as much knowledge as possible before starting this journey. I want to thank Hellraiser for the walkthrough of his grow of Gorilla Glue. I have and will continue to use this journal to help me with this grow.
I’m sure I will have plenty of questions along the way and would appreciate any and all advice.

11 Likes

Fair warning…Blue Dream can get really big. I have had them over 7 feet tall and 8 feet wide. Grew out of my tent. I do use HLG lights.

So stay on top of her is my best advice.

8 Likes

I have three blue dream going now and I second @MrPeat warning they will stretch out once you start flower

3 Likes

After 4 days of anticipation all 3 seeds have sprouted. Pictures to come.

3 Likes

7 Likes

Just moved my light to 24 inches and turned the intensity up to 50%. I also watered 2 of the 3 for the first time since planting. The other still felt a little heavy and damp.

3 Likes

Set to watching. Looks like a good start to me!

2 Likes

Watching :eyes:

1 Like

Watching! Hellraiser has great grow methods to emulate. That’s where I got most of my information! Just curious, why are you using FFHF then switching to FFOF?

2 Likes

If I switch to OF I won’t have to add nutrients for about 4 weeks. It’s supposed to be a little hotter. But I read not to start with OF because it’s too hot for seedlings. At least that is what I have read in several places. This is my first grow so I want to try to keep it as simple as possible.

2 Likes

Yeah that could be true with OF being too hot for seedlings… I could see that. I use HF myself. Might switch to coco though. I like how you can just add nutrients straight off the bat without wondering if the soil was depleted.

I am going to try coco once I get a few grows under my belt. I thought I might need a little experience with nutrients before using coco.

2 Likes

I watered plant 3 this morning for the first time since planting. All 3 plants seem to be doing well. I will post a picture later. I also added a 6 inch fan to help with air circulation and strengthen stems.

4 Likes

6 Likes

The picture above is the third day after they sprouted. How do they look? This is my first grow so I don’t really know what I’m looking for. I think they look ok, but not sure.

4 Likes

For Day 3 I would say they look great!

2 Likes

Thanks!!

2 Likes

They are looking pretty good to me! You are watering till run off right?

3 Likes

Thanks Dankloud. Yes I’m watering until I get a little runoff.

3 Likes

@Wildcat you are looking at the same thing you will be for a while but Don’t worry the roots will be growing and they need roots to support them before they start growing a top. A big mistake that new growers make is they don’t see growth and they will start overwatering or giving food and kill them. The only real problem to watch for now is if they start to stretch lower your lights a little or turn em up a little either way. Just a little heads up. Looks good :+1: for a baby… good luck :deciduous_tree: :sunglasses:

2 Likes