First Grow Started 8th Week today, Gonna Flip at end of week. Please Check me. Pics of Scrog

FIRST GROW!
Northern Lights on left, Borderliner on right. Birthdays 12/13 and 12/11 respectively. Coir 50%/Perlite 25%/Worm CAstings (mine) 25%. Viparspectra P2000 drawing 200 watts at wall. Nutes GH Flora. During Veg now 1 Tsp/1 tsp/1/2 Tsp respectively. Watering every four days. Feeding now at each watering. Fans 24/7. pH/TDS within tolerance.

Last post for comparison pics last two weeks of SCROG/growth here: SCROG net....Started 6th week Veg. Pls Check me. Pics

At the end of this week, we will have a complete eight weeks of veg. I have been scroggina and defoliating as best I can. Plants seems sturdy and healthy. All of a sudden there are many tiny baby flower sites! Will be adding upper screen for flower support.

I have about had it with length of veg so I think I will flip and begin transition a week from now, completing 8th week.

The length of veg may well be on me, I fed half strength nutes every other watering out of an abundance of caution. Well… First Grow Newbie here!

All feedback welcome!

Uploading: P1020602.JPG…

4 Likes

2 Likes

I’m about same as you veg for ever being cautious I finally flipped at 70 days one week after flip

2 Likes

YAY @Lawnfarmer
That is great validation! Looks GORGEOUS, I hope for results as good as yours!

Try not to droun in all the info. Remember its just a plant :potted_plant: have fun with it. Alot of people use fancy meters and products. I treat cal mag with tums and epsom salt. So there are alot of paths to the same destination

3 Likes

There is a lot of info, YES! and I am learning a lot @Lawnfarmer. I think the plants are pretty healthy and quite bushy. They (even with just two, which was a good decision for me) are keeping me busy.

I mixed dolomitic lime with the coir, potentially saving a step. What, if you don’t mind are your ratios for tums and epsom salts?

2 Likes

12 tums per gal , 2 table spoons epsom salt. Top of my soil was pink for a while but it worked.

3 Likes

Pink. lol. BTW, I am using a pump sprayer to water. Seems to be working well under the scrog.

2 Likes

Your plants are bushy and thick :heart_eyes:. I have a problem where I just can’t not mess with them. I did topping then I fimed. Then lst with ties and stakes. Now I’m trimming probably shouldn’t be but I’m having a blast

2 Likes

I ALSO topped and fimmed. once each! then I stopped. As a result, right now there are SO many baby flower sites I couldn’t possibly handle more. I defoliate daily but try to be careful with it. So right now it is gently SCROG and a little defoliation daily especially if leaves are covering a baby flower site. That will be my process for the next week. Then flip and start transition! Exciting!

I’m surprised at how well my system came out. It caused some erosion but only because how much they drink.

1 Like

what system do you have that you are liking?

I think it cost $30. Funnel with hose and clamp drilled wholes in the other end and snaked around pot. Gravity fed.

7 Likes

That is an amazing setup. I would encourage you to do a separate post on that! Briliant! lol. and my goodness what a big tent you have…mine is a tiny 4x2…BUT it is working for me. Best decision ever was to only do two plants…!

So each funnel goes to a different plant? lol I just love it…

2 Likes

I went with a 4x8 tent :tent: I had the room but. Can only get In on 2 sides not easily. Then with the net I figured it was worth a shot. Yes one funel and line/hose per plant.

2 Likes

When you flip you get some burst of grouth. I got 2 that went 10in in 7 days. That’s when the fun begins

1 Like

very nice. mine are taking about 1/2 gallon each. so because jsut two, the pump sprayer works atm.

Yes . I am expecting some major stretch during transition which should help the tiny bud sites. Will continue to scrog for about two weeks after flip is what I am reading.

Looks great keep it up

1 Like

@beardless @Hellraiser all comments appreciated. ppm 720, pH 6.0, full medium feed every watering now. very exciting. Much more defo on NL today so all potential budsites can see the light!

1 Like