First grow, some rookie questions

Hi everyone, new to growing and new to the forum. Excited to be here. The process has been awesome so far. 3 images here of my outdoor growing super lemon haze. It just took off at about 6 weeks when I put it outdoors in the soil. Now at about 12 weeks. Am wondering if I’m close to harvest?

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum.

You have a few weeks to go. Start looking at the trichomes on flower after those white pistils brown and recede back into the bud.

1 Like

Here is a pic of a bud that is coming down today. Quite a few amber trichs, and pistils have mostly turned brown, and starting to retract into the bud. Maybe this will help give you an idea.

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum @vanfield, for a rook you are doing an outstanding job. Hats off to you on your first pull. It looks like a winner.

3 Likes

Welcome to the neighborhood. Your ladies look great. Good advice :point_up:. :blush::v:

3 Likes

@vanfield You’re gonna love the SLH!! I just finished a tent run and they are excellent even this early in the cure!! Yours look close!!

5 Likes

The way the pistils are browning on the tips only may indicate its been pollenated. Not a 100% accurate symptom, but it would be good to keep a watch. Could be a male plant out there somewhere.
Sometimes certain things sprayed on buds will cause this too.
From another website…How to tell picture…

4 Likes

Welcome to the community , give her more time to finish up. :v:

3 Likes

Thanks so much for the replies. Feeling the love. Loving this process too. Will hold off for a few weeks. As hard as that will be :metal:t3::wink:

1 Like

:point_up_2: I agree with @Spiney_norman on this being suspect. I would start checking the others and might not be anything but worth investigating :love_you_gesture:

Just did some reading on ‘herming’ @OGIncognito and @Spiney_norman and they say if the plant has a bunch of males or has full male pollination to bag it and bin it!! Seems extreme.

And some say to remove the male flowers.

Any advice or just keep watching for a couple of weeks.

1 Like

Thanks @MidwestGuy I appreciate the advice mate

Awesome @Fieldofdreams I can’t wait to know what I’m looking at in detail but man that looks amazing.

1 Like

Love the encouragement @LateNightGardner - very much appreciated. Already found unknown layers knowledge just being on this forum for 24 hours :grinning:

1 Like

Thanks @Flitme - named her Michelle

Damn @Dexterado, that looks epic and I appreciate the reference point :call_me_hand:

1 Like

I’ll see if I can find some pics for you to reference :love_you_gesture:

Dont trash it. Just keep watch. As it matures watch for seeds in the flowers. They will be obvious as the seed pokes out from the calyx. Look for this.

Keep in mind this is only a small possibility. I only mentioned it because the pistils typically turn brown entirely and not jut the tip. Here is one of mine.

What we see on yours are the very tips on the pistils drying up and turning brown before the lower base does. But this in not a perfect indicator. So just keep watch. Pollen can travel a long way outdoors and maybe someone has a plant nearby or depending on where you are cannabis can grow wild. It does here in Missouri. I have seen it growing on my wifes grandparents farm many years ago. Locals call it ditch weed. Basically hemp.
Anyway, bottom line, just occasionally take a peek and see if you find seeds. I don’t think even with seeds you should trash the plants. Lot of people do, but I loved the old bag weed with seeds. Strong weed is fine and I wont turn my nose up to it, but the old stuff we bought in the 70s was a lot of fun. It was full of seeds and it still worked fine.

1 Like

Welcome to the happy zone, gorgeous buds.
:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :+1:

One more question about fan leaves. Mine are yellow in spots. I read that can be normal getting towards harvest but also that it could be a health issue ?

1 Like