First Grow Since 1992

You both are arguing about what works for you when this guy is asking about the effing basics….try crawling before walking…and you can quote me….:v:t2:

1 Like

Sorry your thread got hijacked. I grow in Coast of Maine Platinum as well. I’ve done one indoor grow with that stuff and have outdoor plants in both veg and flower with it.

Platinum aka Stonington Blend is an organic super soil mix. Coast of Maine claims you can grow seed to harvest with no additional nutrients if you use a 15 gallon pot. I’m sure that’s true but you can do better easily. To keep it simple follow their feeding schedule for cannabis - it’s on their website. Get a bag of Stonington plant food and a bag of earthworm castings. That’s all you really need for pretty decent results. That and some molasses in the water once a week is a good move too. You can get more complicated and do something else rather than Stonington food but that’s a different conversation.

That style of growing is what I’m about which is really the idea that you care for and feed the micro herd in the soil and they create an optimal environment for your plants and give them what they need when they need it.

you can choose to keep it organic or go with salt based ferts but if you want to keep it simple do one or the other. Lots of people like Jacks.

4 Likes

The thing that made the biggest different for my plants health when it comes to my well water was bypassing my water softener.

1 Like

@Deez Whats the molasses for? Should I be giving it to my plants throughout their entire life? Or just in flower? What’s a good ratio to a gallon of water for molasses?

Depends on how you are growing. If you are using salt based ferts it’s nit as helpful (possibly useless) because you have no real micro herd to feed. They can’t thrive in a salty environment.

If you are growing organic do feed molasses. Organic unsulphered blackstrap molasses. Microbes love sugar and feeding molasses makes them very happy so they multiply and convert more organic matter into usable nutrients for your plant.

Go for a tablespoon per gallon.

2 Likes

@Deez Is molasses wasted on plants that are in the ground? Also will this attract pests?

1 Like

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/garden-how-to/soil-fertilizers/feeding-plants-with-molasses.htm

2 Likes

@Budz @Deez Thanks dude! Class dismissed!

1 Like

I’ve never had an issue with pests. It is not wasted on plants in the ground, there are microbes there as well!

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum nik! Hope you got the answer to your question. I usually read impressive advice from a lot of guys in the forum but this one has me ??? Hope this clears up for you. Good luck. Like they told me. Happy growing

1 Like

Alot tell me tho molasses outside will lure in the deer and small critter from the smell. If u dont have many animal around ur way ur prolly good.

I got everything for animals except deer.

Bears, squirrel, groundhog, chipmunks, raccoon, all the annoying ones.

2 Likes

I like the cage! I need to look into that because our laws changed. I did not know until recently that grows must now be locked. Is it a dog kennel?

That’s just to keep the cannabis from attacking the other plants. It’s very aggressive.

6 Likes

Feed me Seymour!

3 Likes

@Budz i tried sending pic

Yes. We have a 15 wide x 35 long 6’ high kennel attached to our dog exercise pen. It has a lockable gate and is right beside the driveway. We live back in the woods so grow pretty openly. The dogs (7) alert us whenever a vehicle or deer ventures near. And we have video cameras that go immediately to cell phones if the motion sensors go off. Had the security for the dogs and enclosed garden prior to VA legalizing growing.

1 Like

Nice. I did find a 6’ x 6’ x 7’ pen for $99 I might have to get for next year. I’ll see if any 2-legged raccoons (humans) raise any mischief this year. They are pretty well disguised/hidden in our regular gardens.

1 Like

Forgot that I started this so I guess I should up date. The tent is a wonderful tool and I am really enjoying my first grow in it. I have 4 plant in it - 2 Blueberry autos, a Northern Lights auto and what I thought was a White Widow auto but is a photo. I hadn’t grown since 1992 and it feels great to be legal! I LSTd the WW and sort of messed up on her - Tried to get her to grow bent over and into a circle but she pulled up all my stakes. Oh well, live and learn. One BB I got nutrient locked for some reason and is doing OK now, but still showing her claws. The other BB fell over as a seedling due to stretch and I cut a water bottle and created a cuff around the stalk. I filled it with soil and propped her up. She lived and is looking pretty good to me. Th NL is doing great IMO. Stripped the lower limbs and leaves very early and forced it into a single huge cola with 2 side shoots. It is getting fatter and taller each day! All are 61 days old except the branchy BB which is 52 days.

1 Like