First Grow Room Setup. Suggestions or Comments?

Hiya Everyone and thank you MA for legalizing! Great site, btw.

I’m setting up my first basement grow room while I wait for my WW seeds to arrive. Here’s what I have so far. Hoping for 6 plants.

5’ x 5’ x 6.5’ grow tent
(2) 900W Viparspectra LED (418 real watts x 2 = 836w)
(4) 100W CFL’s (23 real watts x 4 = 92w)
440 cfm 6" blower with carbon filter and silencer
Foxfarm ocean soil
Foxfarm Soil Trio nutes
IP CAM for viewing pleasure
5 gal G-LEAF fabric pots
Digital PH meter
PH up and down
Digital temp and humidity gauge
Ratchet light hangers
Oscillating fan
Pump water sprayers with wands
Hand held mister/sprayers
Scrog netting
Timer
LED sunglasses
Misc trays and tools.

My small town water is pretty good according to the water report. I’ll be using an inline filter that removes 99% of metals and sediment. Helps with chlorine as well but I’ll let it sit out for a day. Starting with distilled for a few weeks.

Total investment has been around $1500 usd.

Am I missing anything major?

Thanks for any input.

3 Likes

@Matthew420 ,

MATT, Welcome to ILGM
You have chosen your help support wisely As far as I’m concerned this is by far the
best marijuana support forum on the internet today.
but you will find this out for your self as time go’s on.

But anyway you have done your home work…good deal. I’m going to say…if you ever need any help …you just ask…ok
I’m going to post some links that will help you out big time, but you have to red them…ok

Copy/Paste: This “Support Ticket” Into Your Forum Post.
Answer These Simple Questions The Best You Can.
If You Do Not Know, Or Do Not Use Something; Just Say So = Na

Strain; Type, Bag Seed, Or Na

Soil In Pots, Hydroponic, Or Coco?

System Type?

Ph Of Runoff Or Solution In Reservoir?

What Is Strength Of Nutrient Mix? Ec, Or Tds

Indoor Or Outdoor

Light System, Size?

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation System; Yes, No, Size

Ac, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

Add Anything Else You Feel Would Help Us Give You A Most Informed Answer. Feel Free To Elaborate, But Short, To The

Questions And Facts Will Help Us Help You 

will

1 Like

Can anyone help to sex ?

Looks like it has pistills @Wigsplit

1 Like

I think you can run 3 Viparspectra 900 in there comfortably , but you need a small oscalating fan to rotate air movement inside the tent , and will you used Co2 , Hot Iced are gas for your Co2 supply ?

1 Like

Yeah, I’m thinking 2 anyway.

No Co2 setup but the blower is recirculating the tent more than twice a minute. Hoping that’s enough. If not, I’ll need to add something for sure.

I do have an oscillating fan already.

Thanks for the advice!

Run 3 lights if you can , the more light the bigger your return .

1 Like

I think you’re right and who doesn’t want the biggest yield possible!?

Also wondering if I’m using FoxFarm Ocean do I not need to use the Foxfarm Trio Soil nutes? I’ve seen people go both ways but most say wait 4 weeks before adding nutes when using that soil. I was thinking after 4 weeks use 1/2 amount and see how the plants react.

Right that’s correct , keep your PH consistent and after your fourth or fifth week you can feed at 2.5 ml of nutrients your first feeding to see how they respond and raise up by 2.5 ml each feeding .

1 Like

You can run 2 Viparspectra 900 with 3 Grow CFL lights 125 , 250 or 300 's one on each end and in between the two Led panels .

1 Like

I appreciate your suggestions. Gonna check funds and really consider at least 1 more 900W.

1 Like

Thank you Dr. Dank :sunglasses:

1 Like

No problem @wigsplit
Make a thread and I will follow it so were not stepping on anyones toes

Nice setup @Matthew420 ill be following your progress

1 Like

Holy crap, killer setup!!!

Any chance you got Method Seven LED glasses? I just got a pair and LOVE 'em, they work great!
https://www.amazon.com/Method-Seven-Operator-Grow-Glasses/dp/B00GSXZXYQ

Check out the SCROGs on here, you’ll find plenty of tips and tricks to help you get huge harvests.

And check out some of the new strains, Blue Dream, Cal Dream, Green Crack, Girl Scout Cookies, some pretty high octane stuff! I’ve got a pretty healthy Gold Leaf grow flowering now, the WW is what I’m smoking now, and it is sublime! :wink:

2 Likes

One thought on lights, I’m sure you’ve done your math, based on your initial lighting setup. You’ve got 25 sq-ft of space, and at 25W/sq-ft (which is the recommended LED lighting), your 900 ViparSpectra provides about 400W “true,” so that covers about 16 sq-ft. Two of those lights should be plenty. Three might be overkill! :wink:

1 Like

Went with the advice here and ordered another 900W Viparspectra LED. That gives me 37W per sq. ft. Still a bit low but I’ll add next grow if I need to. Total investment, with 10 White Widow seeds, is about $1500 now.

Howdy neighbor & hooray 12/15 !!! :smile: :thumbsup:

I keep one or two High Velocity 9" fans on the floor and it eliminates soil gnats and does other good things too

… you might want to consider a 220 Inlet fan looks like you’ve got pretty much everything else

• good luck
1 Like

Hey! 12/15!! Woot! :relaxed:

So you’re suggesting an intake fan? Hmm. Hadn’t thought of that. The bottom of the tent has intake vents and by adjusting those I can manage the air flow and negative pressure. Do you think the vents aren’t enough? The 6" blower seems to be pulling tons of air through on it’s lowest setting.