Monday October 1 day 123 from sprout day 60 from flip

Still scroggin along got a ways to go

I retied and spread out the big one in the veg room
Before and after

Flower room

Trichs

Think that’s it :v:

7 Likes

Trich pics have a few looking very close and others just a little behind. Nice job!

1 Like

It’s something to keep you honest and busy so you don’t chop early - does nothing - stem splitting was an urban legend started by the tongue depressor companies to increase sales, and DeWalt took up the flag and started pushing the drilling thing. All Propaganda!!!

4 Likes

@Whodat66 thank you for saying that. what is the idea with drilling and splitting anyway?

It was sarcasm. It is supposed to stress the plant and make it produce more trichomes in self defense. I would be interested to see a side by side with 2 plants grown exactly the same, one split one not.

Here’s the rub. Most of the people advocating it also advocate not harvesting until trichomes are ripe - which the new ones wouldn’t be anyway. They would be shiny new and clear.

Another thing I’ve read about is trying to get the humidity drastically low during the last two weeks - for the same reason. Like 15-20% instead of 40-45%

1 Like

ya ive read that about humidity too. I see the advantage in reducing risk of bud rot but 15% seems like overkill. maybe theres something to it.

Didn’t mean to start a argument :open_mouth:

no argument here

im glad the points were brought up. i wanna learn

3 Likes

@basementstealth exactly learn no argument.
Just like school lol
What age if you could would you start growing?

1 Like

I started germinating seeds as an early teenager along with most of my friends but never grew the plants to maturity though. Stems split 3 days ago didn’t really notice a difference but I never do cause I see mine regularly

1 Like

The more you stress the plant, the more THC will be produced to save its self…the plants use THC as a life blood …anytime anything abnormal happens it shoots more THC to protect itself…that’s why lower humidity and higher temps also affect more resin production to survive…just some food for thought, have tried all of above with great success

1 Like

Do you have reputable sources for that information? We went through this once before here, and I don’t remember seeing any is all.

Super cropping perfect example

Tuesday October 2 day 124 from sprout day 61 from flip

Nothin much today. Redid the veg room again and transplanted bagseed seedlings

Flower room

Trichs

Til tomorrow :v:

11 Likes

Those trichs are getting close.

3 Likes

Just my own experience over the years…I am not talking about stressing the plant to extreme just tricking it to believing it needs to produce more protection for it self …and yes compared to non stressed plants the the plants were much stronger in smoke and health…

1 Like

Close to cut or close to darkness? My plan was to put it in 48 hrs of darkness tomorrow at lights out but obviously don’t want to do it early.
Also thought about harvesting parts of it at a time but I’m not sure how that’s done. Can I take the top 1/3 without killing it?

I meant close to harvest, but I don’t think she’s ready yet. You can absolutely take colas one at a time as they become ripe, just don’t do the dark period.

1 Like

Wednesday October 3 day 125 from sprout day 62 from flip

Same stuff. Went to water today but they didn’t need it so just pics

Veg

You can really tell this one was monstercropped

Flower

Saw lots of pistils coming out of this one
Never scrogged before but so far it’s a lot of work and I’m not sure I’m doing it right. I feel like I’ve taken half the plant in leaves over the past 2-3 weeks.

Plenty of trichs

Manana :v:

6 Likes