First grow purple haze

@skyroo1029 Your mainlines look great bro :facepunch: you did a great job on them. They should fatten up nicely :+1: good lights surely don’t hurt. Be proud of what you’ve done! It’s not easy raising girls :wink:

3 Likes

Sunday September 30 day 122 from sprout day 59 from flip

Got a few move in’s in the veg room 1 got too tall for my canopy of mainlines and 2 seedlings were stretching

Trained five in the armoire for mainlining

Flower room

The one I drilled doesn’t look much different

And a bunch of trichs

Different plant
That’s all I’ve got for today :v:

Oh…and if anyone has a recommendation on a GOOD pH meter. The $15 ones aren’t cuttin it. I’ve been ordering a new one when I need to calibrate them which has been 3 times this grow :slightly_frowning_face:

11 Likes

:+1: :muscle:

2 Likes

Apera 20 is what I use and I highly recommend it :v:

4 Likes

I use the same, PH20, and I love it.

2 Likes

I plan on a blue lab ph pen soon.

2 Likes

I love the fall foliage! Let me know about the side-by-side drilling results. Debating on that myself.

2 Likes

I have split stems now done two weeks ago with no results :frowning:

2 Likes

I would agree with the others on Apera.

2 Likes

This is what I use. I also have the Apera 20, but I think the Bluelab is much better. This a is a combo with the PPM meter, a little pricey, but worth it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00H90O26C?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_pd_title

3 Likes

I drilled mine too, I noticed a huge difference! Never tried it on an indoor grow though. Personally, I’d use the prolonged darkness technique for indoor.

2 Likes

Here’s an experiment I tried with a couple buds I harvested a week ago. Put them in a cup of water and left them in the dark for 5 days. Took a trich pic before and after.

Before:
After:

6 Likes

What did you learn from experiment? Looks like ability to uptake water is a good thing, which wouldn’t coincide with drilling stem.

4 Likes

I was basically looking to see how well darkness increases resin. Didn’t figure it would be a “stem splitting” result. Hence 5 days in darkness.

2 Likes

But noticed a difference on the one I drilled as well. Took 4 days but definite difference.

From those pics doesn’t really look like much of an increase to me. Looks more like a move from clear to cloudy.

In my opinion, that will happen anyway. Without darkness, stem splitting, or any other of those methods. That’s more of speeding up ripening process than anything else. Which could be a good tool depending on the individual situation. Otherwise continuing with light and not disrupting plant uptake would allow your plants to continue energy.

6 Likes

Yes but it FEELS like we are doing something to increase THC… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

If you can do that without reducing thc, by all means, carry on!

Thank you guys for all the replies. I am trying to speed it up a little. Tired of street stuff

4 Likes

Try not to rush it. It’s difficult, but you’ll be happier if you let it finish out properly.

1 Like