First grow purple haze

400 square feet? You could put like 20 of them in there.

1 Like

But only 5 ft in height so wouldn’t be able to get to close to the plants

Probably 12” or so. If you space out strips a little further you can run them closer.

1 Like

All done except for the other half of the strips

8 Likes

Clones are back up from their LST training

5 Likes

Saw something cool today from a bag bean

It’s comin out in sets of 3. 3 feeders then 3 first set leaves.

9 Likes

You did a real nice job on them!

3 Likes

Might be a good one to try and propagate.

2 Likes

Yup. 3 branches is 50% more yeild in my eyes. Be on clone watch with her :joy:

4 Likes

Of course, It could be screwed up as a football bat too LOL

1 Like

@Redeyedranger I think it’s called whorled phyllotaxy. 3 leaves instead of 2. From what ive researched, this usually starts in some seedlings but the plant will correct itself after a couple nodes. Although there is not a 100% chance, beware, have read warnings about these types of mutations being associated with hermaphrodites during flowering stage. But not always. In fact other people see this as a great thing and even try to incorporate this into genetics.

3 Likes

I feel like I have read at some point, somewhere, anything, even looking at your plant too mean, will make it a hermaphrodite. It seems like the more branches the better, in my situation.

3 Likes

I agree, no one really knows what sex a plant is gonna be until it starts flowering. I’ve heard it can be tested in a lab to determine sex though. I don’t know how much truth there is to that claim either. But who would pay that kind of $ to find out sex early anyway!? Lol

2 Likes

It’s so easy to take a clone and check, but if you’re not putting all your beans in one pot, so to speak, it’s just as easy to yank them out if they occur. I can’t see spending the money to find out, what, a few weeks earlier? I guess in a commercial setting with 100s of them maybe?

5 Likes

Your light is a beauty and your girls will reward you greatly

2 Likes

Sunday August 19 day 80 from sprout day 17 after flip.

Finished up the lights today

@dbrn32 if I run the plates on different circuits would it make a difference?
The light looks awesome :star_struck: I have no idea about PAR values or anything but it seems to be getting good penetration. I pointed the AC vents toward the lights and the plates are cool to the touch (less than body temperature). The drivers are warm but I can grab onto one and hold it for as long as I want to. IDK if maybe they’re cooler bc they’re dividing up the electricity or if it’s just the AC?
One cola on Crash grew up into the light so I tied it way down to the side
The last and next are the mainliners
I cleaned out the bottoms of them pretty good this morning I think they need more but i’m gonna wait
No matter what the temp is in the room, the temperature at canopy height stays at 81 with the lights on (8 inches from the light)

Also I fed them today and adjusted from last time. They all got double doses of 0-50-30

Feedback on thinning out more plz
Sorry about the color. It’s like taking pictures into the sun lol!

And of course the clones under the blurple

I adjusted the light on them to 10" above the canopy.

What do ya’ll think?

P.s. maybe just one more :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11 Likes

I think you did fantastic! And your girls will thank you for it. I personally think 8" is a little close but if your plants are happy then that’s great! You should be very proud of yourself! :+1:t3:

PS I wish I had that much Grow space - when I see entire rooms done up - my tents feel so confining!

8 Likes

Thanks @Momtomask couldn’t have done it without @dbrn32.
I so love the space. No more moving them in and out of that closet. I can actually walk around all of them. Just gotta remember not to stand all the way up lol!

5 Likes

When you plug into a wall outlet it won’t divide the available power. It will draw what it needs until it overloads the circuit and hopefully at that point would trip breaker. So you technically don’t need to split them if they will all start. But it would be a lot less load on that one circuit if you could split them.

I would agree that 8” is probably too close. Try like 20” or so. If plants still look good after like 5 days lower it a few inches and repeat that process.

2 Likes

Thanks I’ll get on it and @dbrn32 YOU DA MAN :muscle: :facepunch:

2 Likes