First grow purple haze

It’s all bc of you. I’ll I did was work my fingers. Thank you so much.

I’m done for the night. It’s on to ice cream…:v:

1 Like

@PurpNGold74
Sorry wasn’t trying to ignoring you back there.
I quit drinking right after the divorce. Been alcohol free for 1 yr and 8 mos…

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that dude, been there!

1 Like

So if you have 2 different drivers, it’s kind of like 2 separate sets of lights right? Should all the strips be hooked together? I mean, are the left set and right set hooked together at the middle strips, or should there be a skipped connection? [so they stay 2 separate lights]

Or is that so they can be connected to the same plug? Just interested.

I am still debating a project like this vs the HLG quantum board version

3 Likes

No problem my man. Ill have 1 for u. N i havent made it to marriage yet so i can drink on school nights :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

I have built both the strip lights (I use two of them in my Veg tent) and the QB - @dbrn32 will have to advise on the spectrum/par/efficiency stuff but from a layman’s point of view - I would say the QB is brighter. :wink:

Way to go @Redeyedranger!! Not as hard as you thought - right? So great with Rob backing you up too!

1 Like

I guess it would depend on how you look at it. It all hangs from one place, to me that’s one light. But you could power down one driver or the other. And in this case, both drivers could have independent dimming function. The wiring on the driver output to leds is definitely two different circuits. Each driver is full, wired in series so it’s like a big daisy chain from the driver positive to strip one, from strip one to strip two and so on until the last strip where the negative terminal is wired to the driver negative. Pretty much the opposite of parallel wiring that you would find in your home. You can wire your leds like that, but requires a different driver and some other steps. I usually don’t recommend it for people that aren’t super electronic geeks. Wiring in series is more of a fail safe method.

1 Like

Cool. I mostly get it. I didn’t know it the drivers were wired in series, or each had their own separate power source. I guess you could do either - but then again, why would you…

1 Like

The input side of drivers (ac power from wall) those are wired in parallel like standard household equipment.

@dbrn32 how kind of you to share your electrical expertise. I’m a commercial electrician as well and have many years of experience with lighting, lighting controls, LED fixture/ dimmer compatibility for commercial properties, educational facilities and hospitals.

4 Likes

Thanks! Expertise is a strong word though haha. Nice to have others with similar background around to bounce ideas off of and such.

Have you built your own or got any cool projects? I always like seeing others work.

1 Like

No I decided to go the path of least resistance (haha see what I did there?) and get the HLG 550 V2 3000k which is a monster. But I am looking to double my output since I’m only using half of my tent. I may build out my own QB fixture. Open to suggestions…

1 Like

:eyes: new thread to stalk? Count me in… again

3 Likes

The thing about stalking is not telling them your stalking :joy::joy:

5 Likes

Noted… :joy::joy::joy::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Nothing wrong sticking with qb’s, you did good there. It’s a lot of light for the money.

Depends on what you wanna do, they’re all pretty good light sources. If you wanna play around with some of the other leds you can build a hybrid light incorporating different leds. Will open up some doors with color temps too.

Gettn back after it. My work space

Startn on the 2nd driver

2 Likes

Waiting… Hahahaha

2 Likes

She’s all done

Gonna start mocking up the next one :+1:

6 Likes

Let there be light!

1 Like