First grow purple haze

Ace hardware sells nylon spacers that work well, if you have one nearby. Otherwise I’d probably go for a stack of washers, oversized nut, pipe nipple or something that won’t be heat sensitive.

2 Likes

I checked the garage and spacers can wait til tomorrow. For now these will have to do so I can get this wired up :wink:
Hardware is on

What’s next?

1 Like

Wire em up! Easiest way as far as keeping things neat and tidy is to take driver output positive to to one end of the circuit, and driver output negative to the other end. Then run small jumpers from neg of one strip to pos of the next strip until circuit is complete. You’ll have to do that twice obviously with two drivers. Strips 1-14 on one driver, strips 15-28 on the other driver.

1 Like

Okay…do I just stick the wire in these little holes or do I need solder?

1 Like

No solder. If you take a small nail, screw, or pin of some sort just put in that little hole and lightly depress. Slide stripped end of wire in and release. Give light tug to verify it’s seated properly and move to the next one.

1 Like

3 Likes

Pics worth a thousand words :+1:
Thanks

3 Likes

Then do I have to do anything to the extra 2 pins or just light it up?

Extra two pins? You mean from driver? Hopefully those are dimming leads lol. As long as that’s what we’re talking about, no. Just tape off each wire so they can’t touch. That’s where you’ll wire in potentiometer if you decide to add later to dim.

1 Like

You like the pics? Wiring should look like this.

2 Likes

You rock again :metal: and I think you may be the coolest guy I know. You’ll probably be asleep by the time I get it lit but it’ll post pics. Wish me luck

2 Likes

Been outta likes for a few posts, but go get em! And I’m typically up late, so I’ll check in.

1 Like

This is for the power cord?

Yup. Acl to hot usually black. And acn to neutral, usually white. Green to ground.

1 Like

1 Like

You got it! Just make sure the line up to corresponding pins on plug.

2 Likes

*swaps :popcorn: for :beer: and :dash: *

2 Likes

I’ll have one with you!

2 Likes

Got one driver done. Not as pretty as your’s

But she damn sure lights
And bright as hell!
Look away look away

5 Likes

Hell yeah bro! Looks pretty damn nice to me!

2 Likes