First grow purple haze

Yeah. Regular 3 prong outlet not 220

Ok. You have a few options. An elg-240-1050a will run 11 strips at around 800ma and sill have dimming. Two lpc-100-700 would run 14 strips, 7 per driver but wouldnā€™t have dimming. You could go to a parallel connected circuit too, but I usually recommend otherwise.

I would probably respond to email asking what they have in stock in constant current drivers with 700ma output that can handle your 280 forward voltage, and see what they say.

1 Like

I forgot to add that I already have the 56 led strips. Does that matter?

Not really lol. 560mm gen2 eb strips right?

I think so

Thatā€™s them. How big of deal is the dimming function?

Donā€™t need it. The room is 8 ft tall

Ok. So if you can find a butt load of the lpc-100-700 would work. Each driver will run 7 strips.

To keep the dimming, you can see about raising output current some to 1050ma. Strips will run a little hotter, but more overall light.

Hlg-185h-c1050a will run 9 gen2 eb 560mm
Hlg-240h-c1050a will run 11, maybe 12 but would be right on edge of regulating current.

3 Likes

Man youā€™re quickā€¦and awesome :facepunch:
Iā€™ve got enough info to go forward
Thanks a lot.
Tag ya when I get stuckā€¦

@Reaplenish
I didnā€™t know where to tag you in but here you go. Hope this helps

4 Likes

No problem!

@dbrn32
If they have the hlg-185h-c700b with 7 pin instead of 5 pin. Will that b a good replacement?

1 Like

Nvm. 7 pin wonā€™t fit the strips I donā€™t think

Iā€™d have to go look at the data sheets

@dbrn32
This is what they recommend. Can you take a look and tell me what you think?
Josh

Hello and welcome to Arrow.com! How can I help you today?

1:26:45 PM

Me

I need help and Iā€™m a dummy. I ordered 56 Gen2 eb strips and 4 hlg-185h-c700a drivers. Got the strips but theyā€™re out of those drivers. I need enough drivers to do the same job for around the same price ($200)

1:30:54 PM

A friend suggested this but I would need 6 of them to run all the strips Hlg-185h-c1050a will run 9 gen2 eb 560mm
Hlg-240h-c1050a will run 11, maybe 12 but would be right on edge of regulating current.

1:34:02 PM

Josh

Hello Richard, I will take a look at these drivers

1:35:04 PM

Me

Appreciate ya Josh

1:35:40 PM

Josh

I believe this could be a good option:

https://www.arrow.com/en/products/hlg-185h-c700b/mean-well-enterprises

1:42:21 PM

Me

Does 5 pin or 7 pin matter?

1:43:09 PM

Josh

I believe it does, it is the count of how many pins which will connect to the wire of LED lamp. I will look if there are options for 5 pin

1:47:30 PM

This one is close, though there are only 3 in stock:

https://www.arrow.com/en/products/hlg-185h-c1050a/mean-well-enterprises

1:49:12 PM

Me

Yeah Iā€™m gonna need 4

1:50:00 PM

Josh

If you also order this one, it will complete the 4, this one has only one in stock:

https://www.arrow.com/en/products/hlg-185h-c1400a/mean-well-enterprises

1:56:14 PM

This one, another 3 in stock:

https://www.arrow.com/en/products/hlg-185h-c500a/mean-well-enterprises

1 Like

5 pin vs 7 pin should just be designating the amount of wires it has. The a model being a 5 pin, doesnā€™t have the external dimming leads. Thatā€™s where the b model turns into 7 leads, because it has 2 extra leads for the optional external dimmer.

Either a or b would be fine. The only difference is you would have to hook up potentiometers on the ā€œbā€ models. As to where itā€™s built in on the ā€œaā€ models.

Donā€™t buy 500ma driver for them. Not enough juice and youā€™d have to buy more strips which would put you at even higher dc voltage.

1 Like

@dbrn32
Will the c1400a plus the 3 c1050a work?

I wouldnā€™t do that either. 1400ma is max current on the eb. How many drivers can you get between the 185-700 a and b?

I would think if you could get two of them then two 240-1050a you would only have a couple of strips left over. And you can keep those around as extras or build a cloning light or something.

1 Like

Cool
Iā€™ll check
Nothinā€™s ever easy is itā€¦
Thanks again

Do I need potentiometers?
If so from where?

You donā€™t need them, you can just cap each dimming wire and driver will run at 100%. Potentiometers pretty simple to do later though if you want. Amazon sells them, all of the electronics suppliers too.

1 Like