First grow purple haze

You did an excellent job, and it looks like your fim worked well. I see at least three tops.

3 Likes

Cool :+1: thanks @raustin
I’ll have to trust ya :rofl:

1 Like

OK I watched that YouTube video on mainlining so I get it now just common sense led me to believe stripping all the undergrowth is counter productive this early in veg because your plant need as much leaf surface area exposed to light as possible to ensure healthy growth rates…my plants are just over a month old from seed I germinated them beginning of June and all I have done thus far is topped at 3rd or 4th node and stripped the first two sets of leaves and my plants are quite a lot larger than your T shaped plants so I’m a sceptic at this stage.

1 Like

@Humanclone to be honest, me too :grimacing:
This is my first grow so we’ll see?

You’re right, @Humanclone, you really shouldn’t be pruning leaves at this point, the plants are still too small and need those leaves to help grow.

2 Likes

After I topped mine so early I learnt as soon as I topped the tap root stops growing down and plants grow more bushier so I will wait until the 6-8 node next time to establish a good root system. My first indoor grow also.

Wednesday July 4th 34 days from sprout. Happy July 4th everyone :rofl:

Fed and watered them yesterday and managed to get a bit of runoff that came out of the side of a couple of the fab pots. It’s kinda high so going with just plain water next time.
PH in 6.5 pH out 6.0
Ppm in 891ppm out 1150-1250

The big mainliner has reached 4 nodes so it’s time to top again
Before

After

The other one has another day or two
On the FIMed ones I can’t really tell what’s going on…

8 Likes

I think it’s awesome your doing the manifold technique! Good luck brother!

1 Like

Thanks @Drillbit I saw it just thought it looked pretty cool :sunglasses: kinda wanna try I little of everything :man_student: it’s my first grow so why not?

3 Likes

I’m in total agreement! I want to try it too.

1 Like

You top and FIM like a pro.

3 Likes

@Redeyedranger its looking promising! Good luck

1 Like

Thanks @raustin @Humanclone I need all the luck I can get

1 Like

Thursday July 5th 35 days from sprout

I added more stakes to the mainliners and did some tucking to expose bud sites and noticed that a cola had broken off at some point :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
Don’t know when, but it’s done nothing I can do about it now :confused: still can’t tell what’s up with the FIMs :face_with_raised_eyebrow: they just look weird and I can’t tell what’s what.
I moved a couple plants around so I could work on them. The one in the middle and Tuff are in the back now.

Lost cola on node 1 right side

The other is looking pretty awesome :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

The clones looked the same until yesterday. I took the domes off for them to breath and the one on the right drooped and still hasn’t perked back up. Neither has roots showing yet they seem to b stagnant and just barely hangn on

1 Like

I think its safe to say the clones are a fail but all else is going excellent and you will get plenty more attempts at cloning!

1 Like

Hey how tall are your plants now? They must of had a growth spurt?

1 Like

Looking great man. I just found this journal and that mainlining is looking EXCELLENT. Also ur FIMs looks good. Looks like 4 nodes on the second fim. Not sure about the first tho

1 Like

Everything is looking great mate with your beauty’s the fims look perfect that look that you see is just the growth coming back into that part of the plant I think you have them spot on :v:.

1 Like

@itsjustbegun I actually just measured them. The 2 in the back are 5 1/2 and 6 inches (about 14-15 cms) the mainliners are still 3 inches tall (7.62 cm)

1 Like