First grow purple haze

Your plants are doing great, glad you have @raustin on your team. She was a great help to me during my first grow (just harvested).

You should be sailing smoothly now @Redeyedranger.

4 Likes

Thank you @merlin44 she is a blessing :smile:

2 Likes

Lol, i’m a blessing! Thanks, luv.

4 Likes

No pressure, kiddo :rofl:

1 Like

Friday 6-22 22 days from sprout.

Just vegn :seedling:

The 2 in the back are really healthy. They’ve got 5 nodes and a day or so in on their 6th. I’ll b topping them in a few more days and start the manifold. I’m all read up on this type of training but tips can’t hurt :man_student:
The part I’m not so sure on is the cloning :thinking: any help would be appreciated :slight_smile:
![1529675677618-1076867791|690x387](upload://xA2jBKh5Yva13lg6cjpiqnXFS3Q.jpg)
@raustin @Budbrother @MattyBear @Momtomask or anyone else

4 Likes

Also, I’ll be needing to water pretty soon. Better to water with or without nutes? before or after the training?
I’m thinking after with nutes if they can make it that long without a drink. I was thinking Monday? I’m going down to Austin Saturday night and come back Monday. I may need to water before I leave though… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I’d wait until she grows out more to take clones. Looking really good tho! :v:

1 Like

Looking great @Redeyedranger! Can’t wait to see the outcome! I know veg can be boring but during veg is when you form a relationship with her. Lol. Each one has a different personality it seems to me. They literally become your kids! Lol. I love it! I can’t stop growing it! Nothing makes me happier! Lol

1 Like

@Redeyedranger @Drillbit Hey guys, they look great. My plants are around the same age. At this stage, I’ve been using something similar to this oral syringe to better control the amount of water, direct around the edge and also help prevent getting water droplets on the leaves. They come in different sizes; my gf works in a lab, so I have a few different ones.

https://www.amazon.com/Syringe-Cover-Syringes-Care-Touch/dp/B01L7U9VVK?tag=greenrel-20

2 Likes

It’s a little early to take clones, but you can top the big guys.

I think you should water before you leave for the weekend. You can give them some nutes with that watering. You haven’t watered since Sunday, right?

1 Like

Yeah, actually it was Saturday (6 days ago). We went a 1/4 nutes.
Should I go 3/4? Also when I top them I’m going down to just above the 3rd node per mainlining instructions. Would it not hurt to try to clone what I cut off? :man_student:
@raustin @MattyBear

2 Likes

5 Likes

1 Like

I would feed at 1/4 strength again because they’re still small, so they don’t need much.

You can absolutely clone what you top.

1 Like

Thanks. Any advice on how to clone once I’ve cut it? I bought an aloe plant today. I was reading a thread about it a while ago but would have to go back and read it again :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Do you leave the clone in the aloe “plug” when you put it in the soil? And when you said @Mrcrabs you poked holes in it did you mean the aloe or the skin?

1 Like

The best way to clone is to very lightly scrape the bottom of the stem with a knife, just to take off the outer layer. Then dip it in the aloe and put it in a wet Rapid Rooter. It seems to work perfectly. Keep it undera low light, not intense light.

2 Likes

You’re awesome :+1: :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

@Redeyedranger sorry my friend I’ve been super busy but @raustin she’s got you covered., Good luck with clones

3 Likes

I’m still confused as to whether or not I’m suppose to put the aloe plug in the soil with the clone and do I put holes in it and where?

2 Likes