First Grow, Prep for SCROG, 4 week Veg. Pls Check me

Northern Lights on left, Borderliner on right. NL sprouted 12/13. Borderliner on 12/11. Will keep another week at least in veg. 2x4 grow tent. Fans 24/7. Light is ViparSpectra P2000 LED (200 W Draw)

Very bushy. Topped and fimmed and LST. will not do more. Want the girls to grow thru the SCROG, with some manipulation. I am trying to position each girl in her 2x2 spot. Everything is measured for equal light and spacing. SCROG precisely 8 inches above soil.

Any feedback welcome. Once I get them into final position (as is shown in pic to best of my estimates), i will not be able to move them easily. Is spacing okay? how are they doing for one month from sprouting? (no matter how much I research, it is hard to get a sense of fast or slow growth.) Planning transition next week, keeping light about 23 inches up , still on 18/6. Temp/Rh/Ph and TDS within tolerance.

Many thanks in advance. You guys are awesome!

1 Like

Looks good so far, let them fill up a good bit of the screen before flowering for a big yield.

3 Likes

@Hellraiser so many thanks to you. Now I am guessing another 2-3 weeks in veg per what you are saying, cause haven’t even begun to fill screen. I appreciate your feedback more than you could know!

1 Like

Sorry to say…
Where do I start…
Your in soil…
Will be watering alot in those pot’s…
I would be topping all nodes every 8 day’s , if you have good growth…
I only grow in water…
Super fast growth…
Double scrogg tables…
Alot of training…
Plant’s look super happy and healthy…
I quit soil growing…
It’s harder , believe it or not…
Ok…
I am a little medicated… maybe , kinda sorta…
:v:t4: :sunglasses:

1 Like

@peachfuzz lol. I am growing in 50% coco/25% perlite/25% my own worm castings. YES I will be watering a lot. I am prepared. Also keeping a spreadsheet believe it or not, daily. I can always add another SCROG screen. I kinda like my vinyl wire fence screen. Thank you for saying plants look super happy and healthy. I am not ready for full hydro yet. But I spend time with the girls daily. I find it meditative. They do seem a bit slow growing, yes :frowning: . Patience seems to be the key. Will see where the growth leads me…

1 Like

also they are getting smelly in VEG! lol. The main stems are the size of my little finger. Solid.

1 Like

They look super happy…
Just start topping every 8 days on every node at least 3 times and than they go into flower …
Could be 2 more weeks , could be shorter… ?
Soil is not as easy to be able to determine a certain outcome…
It’s just hard to get it dialed in , in a first grow…
You should think about why you ingulff yourself into this hobby… ?
Than your like , I am having way too much fun… :thinking:
Who gives a $hit … :man_facepalming:t4: :man_shrugging:t4:
:green_heart: :wink:

I am always like this with any complex subject or hobby I start…lotta focus, organization and planning. I enjoy it. Every so often I hit a roadblock and ask for help like I am doing here. I take in ALL feedback. The plants got so bushy after I topped,LST and then fimmed that I thot OMG I have to stop and see what happens, let them grow. The training may have slowed growth somewhat. Not sure.

1 Like

@peachfuzz I also do things like make cheese, and sourdough…also complicated. just to give you a laugh… :slight_smile: I have the time, so I will do the crime…

1 Like

I am from the states…
Super stoned or medicated at the moment…
Plant’s are lookin happy…
I would fill at least 2 / 3rds your net…
And then throw into flower…
Plant’s will go crazy… :+1:t4:
I love to push my luck…
It’s always worth the effort…

Yay!
I from the states also

1 Like

And you make cheese and bread… ?
Big fan of bread and cheese… :+1:t4:
Need to get my butt into gear… :man_facepalming:t4: :man_shrugging:t4:
Yep , I’m a knucklehead…

A very practical suggestion for you. With a lot of watering comes a lot of runoff that has to be dealt with. I suggest placing the racks on a couple of 2x4’ cut to size and placed on there side to give you a 3 1/2" height under which to slide the saucers.
At this time I’m not sure what your plan is to deal with the runoff. Some will use large syringes or a dry vac to suck up the runoff. This gets real old in a hurry.

1 Like

Definitely great idea @beardless, thanks. getting that dialed in today. so helpful! Thanks!

1 Like

Very pleased/proud of Scrog setup. Got two baking racks and they are perfectly solid for sliding trays out @beardless. The earlier trays were not solid enough. . Everything is measured for equi-distance from everything else…lol. Scrog “net” 8 inches above dirt.

Today is first day of week 5 in veg. Plants not stretching much. Borderliner JUST at 8 inches. Northern Lights doesn’t seem to have grown upwards one little bit. Should I raise light? I think they are at about 22 inches from light. I would like them to start growing in SCROG (and further out so I can manipulate them). I don’t want to be in veg forever. NL birth 12/13, BL birth 12/11. Remember this is first grow so hard for me to know what to expect. Your thoughts?

@Hellraiser I always appreciate your input as well! But anyone feel free!

1 Like

Hope it works for you. Looks like it should.

1 Like

I shoulda said the earlier racks (not trays) were not solid enough. they were bowing a bit. These racks (10x15 in) should work perfectly.

Hope it helps someone else too!