First grow -please assist

Ok so germd my babes late april, used a combo garden coiur, and Miracle grow, some look great-dark green and other as theyve gotten bigger have some yellow on leaf tips, got some hydro nutes that i saw recommended somewhere in here and following a grow schedule, not getting as big as anticipated. I test my water mix, usually around 6.5ph, so maybe nute burn ? Also RH is consistrnt around 75٪ and day temps with lights about 77 degrees, lights off approx 66 degrees, running lights 18/6. Lights are
a hlg qb288 xl kit, light sits about 18 20 inches above plant tops. Please assist,

Pics?
Plant? Auto? Photo?
Co2?
Ppm?

Help us help you

Or this even.

2 Likes

plant1, (closest) is bubble gum auto, germd April 30, plant 2, to the right is WW auto, germd April 16, Yellowish, she almost died from drying out, i revived her. #3 to the right to is a misc stray seed from a bag of sins. 6 weeks, #4 (farthest) Gelato , 3-4 weeks old. Also when do i trim the big "light grabber leaves ? Please help me , thought was on right track, but obviously not.! Below are the nutes.15609970222997313865165905297801|242x500

I know nothing about the co2 or ppm, got a ph test kit, but thats it. The test kit has ph up and down included.

I do not know about co2 or ppm, please advise. I have a ph test kit with ph up and down liquid, but thats it.

1 Like

Read through the grow bible again for sure. What’s your PH, TDS levels?

Are you running half strength?

You also need to start LST for sure.

1 Like

My nute water solution i reduce to at 6.5, by testing before i water, tested soil ph at root level, that is 7-7.5, depending on which. Also i have well water at outside faucet, a R.O. system inside, and delivered bottled water. Which is best to use, i heard conflicting information on that.

This is the nutes chart, based on 1 gal mix.

My nute water solution i reduce to at 6.5, by testing before i water, tested soil ph at root level, that is 7-7.5, depending on which. Also i have well water at outside faucet, a R.O. system inside, and delivered bottled water?Which is best to use, i heard conflicting information on that.

Your ph is way too high. 5-6! Need to get that dialed in a little better by any means necessary.

@PurpNGold74 @Jbum

Your runoff should be test for tds/ppm coming out of each plant. Can’t be sure what she’s taking in if you don’t know what’s coming out.

Get a tds meter also it going to help if you plan on having more harvest.amazon has a ton.

You will most likely be told to give the yellows a good flush with water that is ph’d at about 5.0 and keep testing the runoff until the ph has become balanced (5-6) in both

I wish you all the best sorry I fell asleep on you I’ll check in later

1 Like

Most people prefer ro water or filtered water because it takes a lot of the minerals out giving them the ability to add the ones they want back in keeping the part per million (ppm) of minerals down on the end product.

I think for soil it’s a very delicate process so anything can screw you up especially your water.

R.O / filtered - has ability to have less ppm giving less likelihood of nute lock

Well water a ton of minerals and possibly sediment but more likely to not need ph balanced (atleast I’ve found from my experience) higher tds to start but for full bloom flowering I’m sure we’re all pushing rocket fuel anyhow

1 Like

I am opposite of the OP right now. My PH out is low so I am going in at 6.0 - 6.1 ish to get it back up to 5,8 which is the sweet spot for coco. Have you tested your well water? Mine has a high PH but only 170 PPM and that’s what I feed/water with. Also do you feed every watering or feed, water then repeat?

And most definitely get you a TDS meter. This is what I have and works well.

2 Likes

Thank you for the advice, ordering a meter, also growing in miracle grow regular with about 25% garden coir, and about a 1/4 cup perlite mix, in 3 gal fibre pots, think i need bigger pots, these seem to dry out to fast, by day 2 or 3 need to water. The nutes were being used according to the grow chart i had but looking at it, looks like was specs garden coir only , not a mix with miracle grow. Since miracle grow has some nutes already every time i water, adding the extras even with the mix recipe may be to hot. Using a qb288 xl for lighting, slow circulating fan at plant level, exhast/humidity control on exhaust, have no c02, can you recommend.?

1 Like

I fim so I keep my lights higher the. Normal to allow stretching to occur naturally. I fim maybe 3-4 times in the first two months.

Hlg 260 x2 at about 3ft high running as dimmed as possible for the first week. Then lower slowly while raising the intensity of the light over week 2 -3 to full blast when plants Bush out and can take it.

What does “fim” mean ? Please define and describe

Fim (fk I missed) comes from the old topping technique. Someone would go to top but just pinch or cut out the middle few leaves of the plant.

This makes the plant think it’s being attacked and cause it to produce a larger base area, also if done correctly can create more new main line branches.

Main line branches are ones that come up from the the trunk, as regular branches run horizontally from the trunk like you’d normally see

2 Likes

Also fim allows the plant to go into defensive mode and produces a growth hormone called auxin… when done correctly at the right time, the plant will hardly notice any shock and instead go into a growth spurt from the release of the hormone… just like pressure and stress can make people stronger beings. The same concept applies to plants.

1 Like