First Grow, Organic Nature's Living Soil, any advice!

@Ebb I may work up something to get them closer for the time being then. Might make a pvc holder to get them just around the pot. Currently its about 10" from plant edge

1 Like

You can see how the light is very directional and doesnt spread out like the boards do. Great purchase though. They also make excellent nursery lights for seedlings and clones

3 Likes

Oh wow it really ahows more under the canopy in those pics of how directed it is.

2 Likes

Yeah they are. I noticed when i used 2 of them inside my nursery for some seedlings and had them about 6" apart and took a center ppfd reading to see how much the photons swayed and i got 1k reading directly under the lights and a 600ppfd reading in between the 2 at 3" away.

2 Likes

I would be weary of that unless you have the photone app or a ppfd monitor to make sure youre not over feeding them light.

Do you have the photone app yet? Amd is that an ACI ionboard youre using as a main light?

1 Like

It is the S22 ion board, and yeah i have been using the app to determine my DLI. Currently its about 21. And yeah the ppfd was around 650 2-3" away. At edge of pot about 90

1 Like

Cool. Run that app in front of those ionbeams on high and see what reading you get

2 Likes

Yeah I took measurements last night once I installed them.

1 Like

Good deal. For now i wouldnt worry about them so much. That s22 will push her hard. Id save them for some under canopy action once she starts filling out.

1 Like

Thanks again! Super helpful

1 Like

You did it right @Bracketh. Looking good!!

2 Likes

Perfectly executed

3 Likes

Only thanks to everyone here. This forum is a wealth of knowledge! I found myself searching here before google.

3 Likes

You got that right! The people and the knowledge here are top shelf.

4 Likes

So after watching a couple of bugbee videos last night, I realized that I had not calibrated the Photon app. I had kept thinking I was giving her too much light and that something didn’t seem right as when I would take Par measurements, they were not adding up to what ACI has for the S22 ionboard. She also felt dry to the touch and crispy leaves.

So after calibrating the app to the grid ACI has, it turns out I was giving her about 57DLI @ 800ish ppfd for 20 hours, :fried_egg: :man_cook: :plate_with_cutlery:. So I raised her back up she is about 35DLI now 500ish PPFD for 20hrs.

Oh yeah, all of this at 2am when the kids are up at 6. :roll_eyes:

I briefly had a moment to check on her this morning, and she seems happier.

Should I raise the light more according to her schedule around 25 DLI or just leave her at 35ish?

3 Likes

I was able to peek in on her briefly and she is droopy!!! I did try and cook her after all. She’s about 4 hours from nap and she gets water tonight. Still not sure if I should raise the light more?

1 Like

Decided to raise the light to manufacturers recommendation for veg at 24in. Which shows 32DLI for 20hrs. She still looks pretty droopy but is still looking green.

LT - 74°, RT - 76°, RH - 64%, VPD - .89

She also got about 3.5 cups of Aloe, Bamboo 75mg, PHd 6.5, then microbes.

4 Likes

She perked back up last night!

5 Likes

This is prolly one of the more popular threads on the boards. The first post at the bottom has an ammended diagram for DLI. The thread creator @Nicky is one if the best here at ILGM and you can take his insight on DLI to the bank.

5 Likes

@Docnraq - So he is even saying that ramping up to 60 DLI by week 3 -4 is okay?

I watched bugbee’s video on light and that is what prompted me to calibrate my photon app.

3 Likes