First Grow.....Nothing legal about it!

So here goes, my first attempt at a grow and I’m going for it. Currently still in the military so I won’t even be able to reap the benefits (for a couple of years) but my husband, who has never even smoked, wants to start on very small doses of RSO when he retires in the spring (just overall health benefits as a preventative) and thinks he wants to smoke a bit. By the time I retire in a couple of years I should have a handle on this! Or I hope.

So the girls are about three weeks old and currently in the air conditioned garage, because we live where it is still hotter than hell and lesson learned for next year…don’t start seeds the beginning of September.

Currently growing
2 white widow autos
1 AK47 photo
3 Bubble Gum photos
3 Girl Scout Extreme photos
All ILGM seeds

Tomorrow they will be moving to their permanent home that is setup and waiting for them.

Autos are already in their 7 gal pots and the photos will all go into 15 gal tomorrow (we have the room so why not?)

They are in a basic organic soil (no notes); have been feeding cal/mag and just started on FF Trio. Fed week two at 1/2 strength a couple of days ago.

I plan to attempt LST with the autos and tp the photos!

We have a second room, just a bit smaller than the one pictured for different stages

18 Likes

The little cups in the awaiting pots are vinegar and dish soap solution to catch a few gnats

1 Like

Welcome to the forum @AfgVet I have a better recipe than that RSO when you make the RSO you’re wasting a lot of material set up looks nice

1 Like

Welcome to ILGM! Thank you for your service! :v:

2 Likes

Thanks for the welcome @hogmaster and @elheffe702. I welcome any and all assistance and advice.

I have a method slightly different than RS using a water distiller rather than the rice cooker but always open to different perspectives.

2 Likes

Welcome @AfgVet

1 Like

When done correctly, this recipe will take 10 days

First you must decarboxylate your raw material. Use the whole plant minus the roots. This will give you the highest medicinal effect.

Heat oven to 200-212 degrees. Put desired plant material in a mason jar and seal the top. Put jar in oven for 45 minutes.
After decarboxylation remove from oven and let it cool over night. This will allow the terpenes to absorb into the plant material.

Fill this jar with Organic Coconut Oil. Fill to the top of the jar covering all the plant material.
Cook in a water bath at 118 degrees for 5 days. Stir occasionally.
Remove from water bath and filter Coconut Oil. Squeeze the material to remove all the oil.
Re-fill the jar with new oil and heat for an additional 3 days. Remove from water bath and filter.

Now add Sunflower liquid Lecithin. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons to one cup of coconut oil.

This can be used as an oral or topical solution. Enjoy.

9 Likes

Welcome to the forum and thank you for your service!

“Nothing legal about it” go big or go home lol

13 Likes

Interesting! Have never seen this technique, I will give it a try at the end of this grow. Thanks

3 Likes

You know it! I was a total pothead 32 years ago before I signed up but my husband has never smoked. Been thinking for a bit on how I would convince him that we needed to grow. When he brought it up after visiting some friends who grow back home in MA, I was like “ LETS GO!”

11 Likes

Welcome @AfgVet. I’m a Reagan era Navy vet myself and I started growing a couple of years ago because I got hooked on opiates because of severe pain at the bottom of my back and I knew it would kill me sooner or later and I had researched that high CBD strains can be very effective for pain. I got some high CBD/THC from a friend in Colorado and it relieves about 60% of the severe pain and it’s not addictive. Except for the growing part. You can get hooked on it for sure. I started in soil and I just recently built this because I use edibles for pain and it takes a lot for that.

Yep…growing can be addictive so be warned
743c2da16157cb6d3dd668977999e1a55096bfb6
Pepe

17 Likes

Wow! @OldSkunk beautiful clean set up. Addictive? I’m already there! I’ve been on leave after returning from my last deployment and have to go back to work next week. Not sure what I’ll do not being able to check on the girls 35 times a day. Lol

I’m ready to be out and partake again. For now I’ll just grow for my husband and enjoy it through him. It won’t be easy

Glad to hear you’re getting some relief!

9 Likes

First welcome to the community and thanks for your service you have all the help here you’ll ever need good luck.

1 Like

@OldSkunk when you said it releives 60% of mates pain, is he using any other meds, at all,? have been looking at controlled testing done on this with oils,smoking the lot, but not much info, :slight_smile: tks again. i am very interested in this. :slight_smile:

make sure you hav a couple of fans for your gals…they like to be wafted
:cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

It relieves 60% my pain. I’ve spent 2 years testing different strains on myself and I found blueberry to be the best for me. Chronic Widow is second.

Pepe

3 Likes

Two osculating fans in the room, small one lightly wafting the girls and the larger on directed at the walls. Thanks

1 Like

The girls were transplanted today. Not sure who it was more stressful on, them or me!

They seem happy and have plenty of room for growth

19 Likes

Glad to have you guys here and thank you both for your service! Looks like you’re off to a great start and are very knowledgeable can’t wait to see the results that follow.

4 Likes

I don’t know about knowledgeable. lol, I’ve just been a reading fool this past month

3 Likes