First Grow needing a little help

2 Likes

So today as I was doing some LST I noticed on 1 plant a tip with just a little yellow and the other the lower leafs have sorta wilted but they are close to the soil sometimes touching if anyone could help or give a little insight that would be awesome or tag someone you know😎

2 Likes

Hey I tell ya what, I started using jack’s at 5 weeks in my ff and happy farm mix and mine got too hot. Yeah yellow leaves burnt tips. I’m only doing ph adjusted flushes from now on. Hopefully they recoup some. Bud coulda been nice, had potential lol

Those are only the bottom 2 leaves everything else looks great and I’ve just started adding nutrients from ilgm

@yoshi any knowledge on the leaves or any friends that you could tag to guide me along the way

The grow is looking good. Healthy and happy. Some slight burn on the tips. Really nothing to fret about at this point.
The fatter dark leaf looks like it could be a very earlt sign of root rot. You mention good water retention.
Dose your soil dry out everyday? Do you ever get runoff out the bottom of the pot?

1 Like

So it doesn’t dry completely out but gets pretty dry…& I never get run off I’m watering every other day and I do have a lot of holes in the bottom of the planters and thanks for the help😀

The third photos up I think is due to prolonged water retention in the soil. When growing cannabis the plant/roots love very drainable soil. The roots thrive on the oxogen gaps that are in the soil. It’s good to water and get some run off out the bottom of the container.
I water about 5/6 times per weeks. Runoff on about 3 of those waterings. The soil also ‘loves’ to somewhat dryout bewteen waterings.

1 Like

So I’m feeding nutrients every other time should I be using nutrients every time and also those leaves on the third one up lay on the soil most of the time should I clip those off…here soon I’ll post some better pics they are taking a nap atm :smiley:

With nutes I always think alittle less is best. The soil with hold alot of the good stuff tell the roots and soak it up.
Yes, trim off anything that is touching the soil. This is a great highway for critters to jump on bord.
Looking forword to the new photos. :wink:
Happy growing…

1 Like

So you think nutrients every other day is ok?

More than alright. I only feed once per weeks.

5 Likes

That’s it @anon86641082 I’m coming over and I’m gonna guard your plants just for the sole purpose of being in that lovely place!!!

Perfect thank you so much for the guidance

I saw hippies grow and asked my wife if we could just move there lol looks like heaven

@Littlegrow Dunno what nutes you’re using but the way I use mine is each weekly feeding gets split into 2 actual feedings….it’s only a gallon worth of feed but half is given Wednesday and other half Saturday and this is regardless of rain or whatever….I’m using the fox farm nutes in soil :sunglasses::facepunch:t2: And the sole purpose of splitting the feed is so I don’t burn em and I only feed at night so the next morning they’re ready and hunrgy

1 Like

Yes and yes. I love this thread already simply due to the advice on nute feedings. You will have the good advice flowing in no time.
@Littlegrow haha to funny. The graden is a work in progess every day. Sometimes I feel like I need to stay away for a few days to see the new growth.
@grizZz Come mid Sep. I may just take you up in that. Lol You all are always welcome anytime. Our little camper is pretty plush :wink:
Yes you may have to hit the trails with me in the morning. Of course after a solid burn down session :wink:

2 Likes

I got my X-tigers ready

Guess I need to get 4x4 chains for my wheelchair tires y’all ain’t leaving me behind I wanna hit a trail too😆

2 Likes

@Littlegrow Just start out at half strength and see how the plants respond….if there’s a noticeable difference after feeding them…wait a couple days and give the other half….this will help you NOT to burn them and NOT to waste the expensive products we think the plants need also you’ll end up not having to water as much

2 Likes