First Grow! Need tips! Growing GG4 and Bruce Banner

Hey yall so this morning i had a couple ladies sprout so im very excited. I cant seem to find a good led distance chart. Ive learned that with LEDS its more what the manufacture says but idk if Viparspectras chart is good for marijuana. Also i havent gotten my Ventilation yet but im getting that next week. Going with the 6" AC Trinity.

1 Like

Hey welcome to ILGM, you should find it a great resource. People are really helpful here.

You will find LED meter tough because there is so much variance in actual light energy hitting the leaves at a certain distance. Look for a lux graph for plants.

If you have a smart phone download a lux meter app and you can get a good idea :slight_smile:

I put my LED grow light like 1 foot above sprouts and it seemed alright. You can go closer soon after first leaves develop and “feel” the distance by watching plants reaction. They will indicate an over light situation by turning their solar panels high (leaves)

2 Likes

I use Vipar Spectra 600w reflector series and I started at their recommended distance and noticed stretching quick, kept lowering light until I reached a point I noticed was good(22 in.) for my grow. I am new to indoor too but I done a lot of research before I started. I also used veg only first 2 weeks and then both veg and bloom( to increase intensity) the rest of grow. It does make more heat which could also be an issue if not exhausted. The LEDs must be tinkered with to get your desired effect and every grow is different. As sprouts(1st couple weeks) I would try 24in. and veg only after that let `er rip. Welcome to ILGM forum and Happy growing man. You can get someones attention by atting them like this @ReeferRod.

1 Like

Awesome feedback! So what your saying is if the lights are a little to close the leaves arch upward toward the light?

1 Like

Thanks for the awesome feedback! I’m running the 450 model. There at exactly 22 inches right now.

1 Like

Hey no problem. Yes exactly. So basically the plants older leaves go from facing down or out slightly to doing the YMCA lol.
The leaves go from the letter T to the letter Y because the plant is reducing the inclination angle of its leaf surface to reduce the amount of energy hitting the panels. Smart plant huh? So you can use this as an indicator of “oops, too close”

Sorry I was fumbling around with linking.
Here is what it looks like, 2 posts down you see what it looks like after moving lights to a safe distance. It is fast response.

1 Like

LIKE WHAT @HighDesertFarmer says she will tell you what she wants you just have to interpret what the leaves are telling you. There are plenty here that will help if you ask. 22 inches is where I keep mine for pretty much the whole grow a little higher may give better coverage but my first grow went pretty good like that. Each grow will have its own little differences from another but it is basically just growing a weed and weeds like to grow on their own.

1 Like

I’m growing Bruce banner #3 from ilgm right now. It’s a big plant. Seems to always be hungry and def likes it’s cal mag.
I’m assuming the buds will be pretty big and dense so be sure to have plenty of fans inside the tent circulating air. Watch your humidity in flower.

1 Like

Awesome im def gonna keep a look out for that!

See I bought Bergmans Five plant all in one pack. Do i need this Cal Mag?

You’ll only “need” cal mag if your plant starts showing signs of a deficiency. Using distilled, collected rain, or reverse osmosis water will increase the likelihood of that.
There’s is a lot of helpful info in the guide section. Cannabis Symptom Checker - Identify Cannabis Leaf Problems

1 Like