First grow need some insight!

This is the most current pic. 4 weeks old yesterday. expecting flowering anyday now.

As she kept growing, progressively tied down more. As side stems grew and caught up, began to tie them down as well.

1 Like

Update after I corrected LST. Did I do it correctly?

That looks better. I have not started training that young before. Also, only my second grow! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

From all that I have read, seen, and tried first hand, many wait until the fourth or fifth node to begin training. That said, you can pull the top down towards the soil more. She is very flexible at this age, so should not be too difficult.

Here is schematic that illustrates what I mean:

Ideally, you are creating multiple main colas.

I just did a little more tying. As space opened up, side shoots grew up which I needed to tie down.

This short video demonstrates how “rough” you can actually get. It’s not the best, but it’s short and right to the point. Skip ahead to 3:19.

LST Vid

Best thing is to just jump in and try it out!

Best of luck to you. Keep posted!

2 Likes

Found these two burn marks on the tip of these two new leaves. I’m thinking the light was too low? Ideas?

Initially, you stated at 24". As the little one grows perhaps you need to raise a little.

Feeding?

Ya initially it was 24”, but then my girls grew and I didn’t raise the light. I’m hoping that was the issue. Feeding general hydro micro, grow, bloom and cal mag in coco. I’m not even feeding at full strength.

This is the schedule I’m going off. Week 3 currently.

1 Like

Before changing the feeding, I would see how she responds to raising the lights.

These are autos, so they could begin flowering at week 4 or week 6. Hard to say. My first grow, all three flowered at almost exactly 4 weeks. For my current BB, I noticed small white pistils form at 25 days, but I was not sure it was preflower or not. After seeing her develop, I think I was right. She is now stretching and many pistils are forming!

Keep an eye on the new growth; that reveals a lot.

1 Like

Thank you for the reply! I’ll wait to see if raising the light did the trick!

Came home from work to find this… nute burn???

1 Like

All of this is good info for making adjustments according to how she is responding. Does the light height seem to be making a difference?

It does as far as growth for both of them, as they’ve really liked the LST. I raised the light another inch ish so it’s firmly at 20 inches above top now.

TDS is 95…

little update on mah girls

1 Like

The Mars people are great, I accidentally broke my female power input on the light board and they sent me a brand new board for free and they even paid for the shipping.

2 Likes