First Grow need major help

Before you feed or add any water pick each of the pots up and feel how heavy they are. Get a feel for how light they are when they’re good and dry. That’s when you’ll know when it’s time to water.
How big are your pots? Are they 3 gallon pots?

2 Likes

Good point ! I always pick up the pots once you get a feel for of it ,comes natural.

2 Likes

Okay so then the best way to water is water till run off and then wait till the pots are almost completely dry to water again? I just ordered a moisture meter on amazon so that I don’t over water the plants again… I’ll do that with the three bigger plants either later today or tomorrow (once I feel they’re pretty dry and light) right? Because right now they still feel like they have water in them. I’ve felt them lighter before. And for the runt of the family? What’s the best plan of attack for her?

2 Likes

Oh and the pots are 2 gallon pots. I plan to transplant them to 5 gallon pots as soon as they’re ready and recovered from this shock. Hopefully you guys can help me gage when would be an appropriate time to transplant.

2 Likes

Sure enough. Let’s see some more pics then!

1 Like

@OlyBoy98503 more pictures of the little one?

They are starting to dry up pretty well and get lighter. I think they might be ready for watering here in just a couple more hours actually. Going to go ahead and give them 4 cups to each of the bigger plants to make sure I have some run off (becuz 3 cups each last time didn’t give me any runoff)
But what do you guys think I should do about this little one?

1 Like

First time grower here also. I’ll try n bring some ppl in here who’ve helped me out so far too. I hope they don’t mind as well @Bulldognuts @Growyourown @Chu666cky @SKORPION @Oldguy @Covertgrower @Enlightened420 good luck!

3 Likes

Good looks @Nickgrows ! Here are some updated pictures after I snipped off a couple of the dead leaves on 3 of the 4 plants hoping that’ll send more energy to the rest of the plant. Did not water today either.

2 Likes

@Dr.Zooted if this was my grow, I would pull the little one and get rid of it. I would let it dry out a lot, like 5-6 days, then I would flush all of them. I would then do a slurry test of your soil to determine the ph. After all of that then I would put them on a nutrient plan of 1/4 recommended amount, until they are healthy again. Once that is all down, transplant to forever pots, wait 3-4 days, a little LST, and you are back in the game.

2 Likes

Can I tag u in my grow? Lol I could use your help with a flush. I’ve never done it before. Just got my sledgehammer in today.

2 Likes

@Nickknowsfunny Okay that sounds like a solid plan. I actually am currently trying to nurse the small one back to somewhat healthy so I can give it to a buddy of mine to go ahead and grow her outdoors. Hopefully being outside helps her. But yes, eventually she is going and I’ll be down to 3 plants. As for the rest, I have 5 gallon smart pots waiting for them (is that the same as forever pots?) and I was planning on switching the soil to Fox Farms Ocean Forest. I was told to mix that 50:50 with sunshine mix #4 and to add 2 cups of dolamite lime to the mix. Your thoughts? And before I transplant, the flush is absolutely necessary?

I would flush just to make sure all of that peroxide is out. I think that was a bad idea, but you learn everyday. I use a mix of four happy farm, ocean forest, Mendo mix, worm castings, and pro mix 4. Find what works for you. But yeah that is a good mix. I have heard of using dolomite, but i would look into it more for proper ratios. Don’t want a other mishap. Forever puts is just a saying for the last time you transplant them. I try to transplant the least amount possible. Put in small pots for about a month then to 5 or 7 gallon smart pots. Let me know if you have any more questions. Will help as much as possible.

1 Like

Sure. I don’t mind.

Looks hungry, and underwatered. @Dr.Zooted

2 Likes

What covert said.

1 Like

I’m drying out the plants because I put hydrogen peroxide in them and I need to get that out. Should I spray the plants? Would that make the leaves look better? Or don’t add any moisture to the plants at all

I would carry on as normal.

What’s good everyone, this is awesome! There’s a lot of heads in here now and I’m sure a lot of great of brains to help! Going on day 5 since I mistakenly added the hydrogen peroxide and the girls aren’t dead so that’s a plus lol. I truly appreciate you all @kellydans @Zee @OlyBoy98503 @BRFarming420 @Weedlvr0321 @Nickgrows @Nickknowsfunny @Covertgrower @SKORPION
Day 3 of no water now and they’re pretty dry on top but the pots still feel a little heavier than when they felt when they were completely dry before my first watering. Idk why I hadn’t really paid attention to that before, only really checked the soil with my finger. I have a moisture meter coming in today so that will definitely help going forward. I’m going back and forth on deciding if I should do the flush just because I understand that’s really last resort and these girls are really young. Here’s updates pictures from this morning. What do you guys think? Really trying to avoid a flush if possible

4 Likes

Ah I forgot to also ask about the stem and it being almost purple. What exactly is that a sign of? Because the strain is gorilla glue #4 and I’m pretty sure there’s no purple in it… could be wrong though I’m no expert… And the new growth on top is completely green

2 Likes