First Grow Need Help

I had a white widow seed i got from some bud awhile back so I decided to give it a shot at growing outdoors in a pot. It’s been growing for 3-4 weeks now but the bottom set of serrated leaves are starting to turn yellow, the new growth seems have some tiny bits of brown, and the new leaves seem to be canoeing. For the medium I’m just using an organic vegetable soil mix from the store. I try to water it every other day or when the soil is no longer damp an inch down. From what I’ve read, the yellowing could be from a nitrogen deficiency. Does this look to be the case? And if so, what can I do to help this?

1 Like

That is over watering, IMO. Let it dry out, till the container fills empty by lifting it, girls love wet and dry cycles, really helps for new growth. I don’t grow outdoors, but if you water every other day, you maybe in a dry/or outdoor controlled environment. I would also invest in some MJ friendly soil

2 Likes

Okay I’ll try reducing the watering. What kind a soil do you recommend?

2 Likes

@OlyBoy98503, you around? Outdoor soil recommendation? I think his girls got to wet, and am not familiar with the current soil, could possibly be soil burn, like a MG soil burn.

2 Likes

Try fox farm soil and cut it with some lower end raised bed soil if you want to save money, you should wait until the soil is just moist an inch or so down before watering again. If that was a terra-cotta pot I remember seeing transplant it into a bigger pot with good drainage or even better a grow bag no less than 15-20 gallons if you want to make it worth the time. Good luck.

1 Like

I think the plant is probably ready for transplant to a larger pot when you you decide on the growing medium. Except for needing a little more plant food and a maybe a little less water, your seedling looks pretty good. Fox Farm soils are very popular here in these forums, and it should be easy to find another grower’s grow log to follow along with to learn more about a nutes regimen to help your plant along.
I’m going to tag you and @Zee to a journal that I follow of an outdoor grow starting in pots like that.

3 Likes

Yeah looks like a nitro deficiency + over watering and would guess you have not been ph’ing your water as well.

2 Likes

Plump leaves are a forsure sign of over watering bud. Like ole boy said let that girl dry out and a bit and she’ll show you some love. I’d prob transplant her in a fabric pot as well when the time comes. Good luck on your grow bud.

2 Likes

I am also new to the site
I placed an order today received a response saying my order went to a review group
Do I just wait to hear from them???