First Grow need advise Va man

Good morning all. Please take a quick and let me know how close she is to harvest.

Thank you

3 Likes

Morning Sir, plants ripen at different paces but I’d say something like 3 - 5 weeks

3 Likes

@Lmckenzie0322 I agree with @MeEasy , your looking at at least a month. Your hedgehogging but haven’t even started showing orange hairs yet. Keep trucking!!

3 Likes

Thank you for the timeline I really appreciate it. I was thinking a month to 6 weeks. The trichomes on the sugar leaves appear to be cloudy. Bud trichomes should look the same during harvest time? Again, I’m a first timer so please excuse my dreadful ignorance! :pensive: what is hedgehogging?

2 Likes

Good day @Graysin what the heck have I created here? That’s just 2 plants. What can I do at this point in flower to real her back to something that’s more organized?

3 Likes

@Lmckenzie0322 that furry look to your flower pic. Just a nickname. Not a bad thing. They look great for this stage. Your on track.

3 Likes

We all started at the beginning so don’t apologize for that you’re killing it… hedgehogs is just a name I started calling young flowers because they resemble a hedgehog :hedgehog::hedgehog:

2 Likes

A trellis net - or plant yo-yos - or just good old fashioned supercrop.

The idea here is to just get the branches and pull them down and way from eachother to open everything up and get better airflow/more even coverage.

@Low @Growingforothers @HappyHydroGrower are a few folks that come to mind as expert canopy managers. @Newt and @SilvaBack203 are also outstanding at getting unruly ladies reeled back in. Hopefully they can help guide some.

My method of choice os supercropping. Just grab, pinch the stems real hard to soften the tissue, and then bend the cola over to make the canopy even.

4 Likes

Concur. Super-cropping is likely the best bet. Just be gentle… You can roll the stems between two fingers to warm and soften, before you make your bends.

And you may need some bamboo stakes…

3 Likes

@MeEasy

Then you phrased it perfectly sir!! They resemble them exactly lol! Well said!

3 Likes

That’s so funny! :rofl:

2 Likes

Please please tell me she hasn’t hermie done me!

2 Likes

@Lmckenzie0322 i don’t believe so. I have a Panel of Experts though. Let’s me get some smarter opinions

Paging Drs…… @OGIncognito @Newt @PurpNGold74 @beardless @MidwestGuy @Graysin

Just swelled up?

3 Likes

I only see female parts. There are pistils coming out of those calyxes at the nodes.

4 Likes

Looks all girl to me.

3 Likes

Agreed here.
@Lmckenzie0322 those “bits” you’re seeing are called bracts. They’re what we rather mistakenly refer to as the calyx of the plant. The bract is the “housing” of the pistils and calyxes. It will appear somewhat round or bulbous as the plant matures, often as a result of the pistils forming and emerging, or conversely as the pistils turn brown and recede. (Sometimes the receding is called “swelling”.).

Here’s a helpful diagram, since some advice I was given as a new grower who had little bulbs like that but without pistils sticking out was to take it off and split it open. I found pistils inside that hadn’t yet made their way out of the bract.

7 Likes

It’s good to have smart friends lol! Thanks fellas!!

3 Likes

@Graysin Dude you’ve been on Fire :fire: all month man!! Repping that tag quite well Sir!!

4 Likes

Here’s a better picture. Thanks all!

. What a relief!!

4 Likes

Those are her teenage pubes. All girlie girl.

3 Likes