First grow leaves turning up on flowers?

Hi all. First grow here and love this forum.
All has been going well until this week. 3 weeks into flower (non auto) and some leaves on the buds of 2 plants are curling upwards. Also few leaves lower down are coloured around the edges.
I’m growing in coco and have never flushed with just water. Always feed. Was feeding every day with no dramas but just noticed Fungal Gnats so will try every second day to dry out a bit. Have read recommendations for fungal gnats on here so went and bought the yellow stickies today and have had the potato’s in for 24 hours. Yellow stickies have caught some adults but nothing eating the potatoes yet. Can’t source BTI for the gnats soon enough as we live in remote Australia so will try the peroxide first. Want the plants as healthy as possible so just want some advice on nutrients and feeding. Obviously doing something wrong now the leaves are curling up on the top flowers. Thought it could be plants to close to the LEDs but some flowers closer to the lights have healthy looking leaves. PH in and runoff below. Should I flush plants? Pics showing leaf condition attached and a pic of the dreaded fungal gnat.
Also any guru’s here on nutrients? All I can source locally is this brand for coco. 2 part for grow and 2 part for flower. Does it look ok? Label attached

Many thanks all

• feminised gold leaf x 2 California dream x 2 seeds
  • Method: Coco
  • PH in 5.7 PH out 5.9
  • EC 1.8 ppm 900 in
    EC 3.6 ppm 1800 runoff
  • Indoor
  • 2 x viparspectra 600w LED
  • Temps; Day 26 deg c night 28 deg c
  • Humidity; Day and night 55 to 70 normally 60 constant now
  • Ventilation system; Yes
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier No
  • Co2 No
1 Like

Welcome to the community the first picture with the tips of the leafs turning up and also the edges of the leaf. My first thoughts is heat stress you may have your light to close. One picture also shows a slight nute burn on the tips of the leafs. Good luck

2 Likes

The EC out concerns me. Perhaps a good flush with 5.8 pH water and minimal EC is in order?

Have you buffered your coco? That looks like it could be either calcium or magnesium deficiency.

2 Likes

Thanks Keystone. Yes coco buffered. Have not flushed all grow so will give that a shot tomorrow night. Cheers

1 Like

I should add though that I’m not an expert, and I could be completely wrong. I’m not sure that the situation isn’t caused by your fertigation leaching nutrients from the plants, rather than the coco. I hope others with more experience will weigh in.

1 Like

Usually when they taco in flower it’s a sign for less nitrogen with the brown tips and @KeystoneCops has you covered on the ph levels
I run my tent temperature is 83 to 92 degrees Fahrenheit with lights on also depends on the weather is outside to also you can raise your light a couple inches and see if that helps
Nice work you are on the way to a good harvest let them go for the last bulk phase then harvest

3 Likes

I saw that you said that you are feeding every time you should feed 2 or 3 times a week with water in between like Monday feed Wednesday water Friday feed Sunday water.
Yes ppms are off the charts if 900 in and 1800 out definitely need to be flush before middle flower. Ph water to 5.8 and or what ever you want and use a flushing agent if you can’t find one use sulfur at 1/8 or 1/4 tsp per gallon of water i will try to find the exact measure of the sulfur and post it

3 Likes

Here’s a awesome coco grower and he can probably get you some great information
@Familyman

2 Likes

Ok thanks for that THCinKC. I will try and find sulphur and do that today. What does the sulphur do?

I’ve heard sulfur strips mentioned. Sounds like an incense or candle, but I haven’t found any online.

@ThcinKC sorry I got confused and thought this was the powdery mildew thread.

@Sparkie13 I didn’t mean to take your discussion off topic.

Sulpher breaks the hard salts down so they can be flush out

O.k. only use sulfur as a last resort because it’s hard to get anything where you are so here a list of everything and what is in it so you can make your own nutrients

1 Like

ThcinKC thanks heaps mate. That is great info :+1: Champion

1 Like

Thanks for the tag. If you feed every watering, reduce the amount to 1/2 of normal dose. I feed every watering at a reduced amount. Every other week I do.use just straight water to flush some salts out. Also, coco absorbs calcium alot so make sure you are upping the cal mag. My situation may be a bit different since im using quantum boards and some other growth enhancement products.

Thanks Familyman :+1:

1 Like