First Grow From Beginning to End

@raustin No kidding you can actually see results. I am excited to see what this Open Sesame does. I’ll keep a running tab.

2 Likes

Yes, I’ve never seen such a positive reaction from a feed before, truly amazing. She also grew a half inch overnight.

2 Likes

@highcountrygal @raustin @Myfriendis410 I inspect my plants each day and record various pieces of data as well. It will be very interesting to see if a light dose of nutrition makes a difference. I will, of course, use the unfed population (3 plants) as a control to determine what conditions have caused which results.:writing_hand::mag:

2 Likes

Can’t wait to see the results, @merlin44. I bet you see a difference.

2 Likes

@raustin I thought it was wishful thinking on my part now hearing it from you just makes it more believable. No pipe dream here for sure!!

2 Likes

In a few days time we will have clinical data…I love data!

3 Likes

those gals look great @merlin44

2 Likes

@merlin44 just keep an eye on their growth when you transition to flowering. The flowering schedule seems to put a lot of pressure on them, and I wouldn’t be surprised if each one of those plants has a preference for more or less nutrients, just to keep it confusing! Sometimes you can get away with giving everyone the same. Just something to consider.

2 Likes

Exactly the sorts of details that I am trying to zero in on, @Covertgrower, thank you for putting a fine point on it for me. For better or worse, I am trying to learn as much as possible (without ruining my grow) on this first grow so that I can do a much better job next time. Between my experiments and all of the advice from all of you folks I am hopeful.:thinking:

5 Likes

Growing strong! :+1:t3:

Just follow the nutrients schedule and try it out. I’m sure as much as you check them you can fix it before things get to bad. For the sake of science !!! Looking nice though I think you are off to a good start

3 Likes

They look happy @merlin44. Hang onto your hat, they’re gonna start Growing!

1 Like

@merlin44 I have no idea what is difference in our grow. We are about the same days above ground. Keep on going my friend. I am learning each and every day

2 Likes

Day 34, the plant that I topped has a little top growing from the node where I cut. It is spindly at this time and a bit misformed. Do let it grow? Do I cut it off?

Also, my plants seem to doing fine but the fan leaves are huge, 9" X 9" for some of them. Should these be left alone or removed to allow light to the secondary growth. I have been tucking them to expose the new growth as best I can.
@Niala @neckNflu @Donaldj @Flyr @Momtomask @Countryboyjvd1971 @Covertgrower @Myfriendis410 @Rugar89 @ReMolu

1 Like

My gut feel is to leave the fan leaves be as they are fueling the new growth.
@dbrn32 @raustin @mulegal @BIGE @elheffe702 @SilentHippie @Greasemonkey @garrigan62 @timmyv324 @highcountrygal

2 Likes

Some pics would probably help, but I’m going to assume your new growth will be fine. As well you are most likely better off not removing too many leaves. If you feel that literally a couple of leaves would make a big difference, then probably not a big deal. Otherwise I would just try moving them around some to get best light exposure.

4 Likes

3 Likes

Those are fine in my opinion. Just hanging out collecting light, which should be exactly what you want them to do.

5 Likes

Just let them be once your plant is bigger they won’t look so big hahahaha
Tbey are the solar panels of the plant ive had fan leaves you can hide your head behind lol

5 Likes

I do feel like I need to figure out what to change for my next grow. While my plants are all growing and looking fine, they are also fairly small compared to others at 5 weeks old.:thinking:

They are all between 7 inches and 10 inches tall and nearly 22 inches wide. Weird!:thinking:
Did I mention that they are 5 weeks old? Again, weird!

Within the strain (gold leaf) they are all quite similar in size and growth pattern. The White Widows are about half the size of the Gold Leaf plants. It doesn’t even seem to matter whether they have been topped, FIM’d or left natural, all the same height.

1 Like