First grow is harder than I thought, opine if you feel like it

Having some issues, some plants seem stunted, while a few have done alright. Check out the leaves on the one and if you know, what causes the blotching? Indoor grow with Viparspectra 300w X 3 lights. The smaller ones get put on the deck for real sunshine, plants are rotated for the so everything gets light.

1 Like

For the best advice, fill this support ticket out,

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?

System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

Indoor or Outdoor

Light system, size?

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you smile

4 Likes

good add on of the ph / nutrient uptake chart!!! @kabongster

3 Likes

How close are your lights?

3 Likes

It is a light stress and burnt. As I can see in pictures

3 Likes

yep, that’s what it looks like, but @bruce9432 hasn’t checked back in here for 6 hours so we will have to wait and see.

I would still like to see the Support Ticket filled out.

4 Likes

Yes I agree. I told only my first look opinion for avoid more damage. It is normal @bruce9432 must check everything before trust my think

2 Likes

you’re good @Teddy78 I just didn’t want him to move the lights up and then not answer the support ticket questions and we miss something else!

1 Like

Yes it is right what you are saying

2 Likes

enlarging the last photo…are the stems purple?

The plants are so nice and compact, stems don’t show and it could be the light coloring them…the lower leaves are looking damaged.

1 Like

I think it light burn as well and that would also explain stunted plants light being to close no need to reach for it
I agree with @Teddy78 on this one :point_up:
Good call ted
And @kabongster your right too something is going on with that bottom pic bro
@bruce9432 you should post a support ticket
@MattyBear you can see they are close looks like 18 inches maybe

I agree with moving the lights up and it looks like another issue as well like you said @Countryboyjvd1971. Support ticket would be good. I keep my led 24-36" above when they are in veg depending on how they are reacting

1 Like

@bob31 and @Teddy78 and @Teddy78 and @MattyBear and last but not least @kabongster

i only see one plant with an issue and that would be pic #4 and #5 have light burn i agree with @Countryboyjvd1971
here this is why i say it’s light they look very much alike

How to fix light burn

How to fix light burned cannabis leaves

If you think the plants are getting more light than is necessary, start by sliding the grow light farther from the top of the plants.

Light bleaching because of sunlight is very rare when outdoor growing and there is no way they will ever get too close to the sun. If you move your plants from a bad situation, then into the sun they may display sign of light bleaching if they never had a chance to adjust to the increase in light.

Take it slow when adjusting your plants conditions. You don’t want to stress your plant out for either outdoor or indoor growing.

Maintain a cozy temperature consistently for the best results and health. Think about it like this, if you feel like it’s too hot, then certainly it’s too hot for the plants. Things aren’t as simple for outdoor growing, but take the time to learn what to do for outdoor heat.

By Robert Bergman
Posted by
garrigan62

Will

4 Likes

Thanks Will. I was hoping @bruce9432 would check back in with the support ticket information. I also believe there are signs of heat stress? Or is the canoeing a side affect of the light burn?

@bob31

Yes and i nave pic’s showing this also.

Thanks Bob

Will

1 Like

my mistake for thinking it was something besides the light damage…

1 Like

There could be other issues there as well, but without the ticket. We can only be left to wonder! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Noobie question…

Could it be from rotating the plants outside for real sun and then back under lights and maybe stressing the plants??

@jim001 It could be. Putting young plants under a t5 or cfl and then putting them right under an LED that is too close. There is also signs of heat stress which could indicate a heater that was too close or using a “heat generating” lamp or bulb that got too close. All speculation until we hear back from @bruce9432

Strain; Roberts Favorite Gold leaf

Soil in pots,

System type? basic potting soil

What is strength of nutrient mix? commercial indoor plant plant food

Indoor

Light system,
VIPARSPECTRA Reflector-Series 300W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum for Indoor Plants X 3

Temps; So Cal average about 75 degrees

Humidity; ambient, about 70% avg

Ventilation system; whatever the forced air heater blows in the room.

AC,No