First Grow From Beginning to End

You got it, in the end I’m just happy to contribute. Chances are I learn more from everyone else than they do from me.

2 Likes

I feel the same way. I’m still trying to figure out what it is that I bring! Lmao

3 Likes

Well that was good for a laugh anyway! You’re here helping people all the time, it’s noticed.

3 Likes

@dbrn32 You sound identical to one of my friends. I get along with him great because he tells me how it is. I respect him for that. All my other friends think of him as an a***e. Lol. Guess what? He doesn’t care either. Lol. Im so easy going, I take it as he’s being informative short and to the point. I’m also a homebody, but I’m more social than Mrs. Covertgrower…

5 Likes

Stop pulling my :rooster:

:scream::joy:

My bad @merlin44 . I’ll head back to my corner…:wink:

4 Likes

You are all welcome to hang out here, it’s just adds more dimensions to the discussion. @FloridaSon @dbrn32 @Covertgrower

6 Likes

My wife tells me I go too far sometimes when I get started fresh after burning.

I think I embarrass her when I get going…

4 Likes

She’s probably right. Based on discussion thus far, I’d also guess it no longer matters if it get to point she has to tell you. I live in that world, quite often! They don’t realize that we’re aware and simply don’t give a $h!t.

6 Likes

Yup, my life…:rofl:
I’m pretty sure it is my job to be an embarrassment to my wife.

5 Likes

I know we’re in the right place haha

5 Likes

A few people expressed a bit of interest in my grow operation control system. It is an evolutionary project…

The wiring is a bit of a mess but the system is functional as well as easily modified by simply changing the programming.
In it’s current state there are three lighting circuits, two fan circuits and an input for temperature. Each circuit is individually controlled providing the flexibility for future changes in layout and function. There are multiple lighting and temperature set points that are accessed from the user interface panel.

There are many spare input and output points (digital and analog) to accommodate future expansion and enhancements. Many of my original ideas did not work out, for instance automatic watering will need to wait because each plant needs to be monitored individually plus pH and nutrients. Need more sensors and valves and lots of piping to automate watering if I am to grow in soil. Might consider moving to hydroponics or air-ponics in the future.
@dbrn32 @Covertgrower @Momtomask @ReMoLu @Flyr @FloridaSon @raustin @Rugar89
I am sure that I forgot someone and included some that were not interested. Oh well…
@Countryboyjvd1971

12 Likes

I am on the look out for a hygrometer that provides an analog signal. This will allow me to explicitly control humidity rather than passively monitoring and recording the humidity.

Try a SensorPush sensor? Works with your phone via Bluetooth. @merlin44

2 Likes

I would link it from amazon but I was responding in a hurry.

1 Like

Thanks @Covertgrower I will take a look at that. Working with a phone or Bluetooth device won’t help me as I need a 0 - 10 volt or a 4 - 20 ma signal for my plc to be able to use it. Other analog ranges can work so long as it is in the general range that I mention.

I just checked the SensorPush sensors and they don’t have the signals that I need. They could be made to work but the additional hardware and need for Bluetooth connection rule them out. Thank you for the idea, I do appreciate any and all assistance.

1 Like

@Bogleg is your guy with technical electronics stuff. He builds his own. He can help

1 Like

Thanks maybe @bogleg will have some ideas. I am capable of designing and building such things but the time investment makes it impractical. There are some “toy” type devices available for Arduino and R-pi but they tend to only operate between 0 - 3 volts which may be adequate but the resolution is quite poor when you read then with a 0 -10 volt module. I might turn to those as a last resort.

1 Like

This should work. Although probably not as cost effective as bustling out soldering components.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009PC4ZXC/ref=mp_s_a_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1523899995&sr=8-14&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=humidity+transmitter

4 Likes

That would be excellent @dbrn32, I have looked at this device before and it is perfect. Just out of budget for now, perhaps a future enhancement when I have proven my growing ability with actual product. :grin:

3 Likes

Story of my life lol. Well, at least the story behind why I don’t have this level of automation anyways lol.

4 Likes