First Grow From Beginning to End

Mini Update Day 72 7 days into 12/12:

“Little Miss Stubborn” has finally decided to join the party, white pistils are clearly visible. WooHoo! :+1::grin:
This one is a solid week or two behind the curve but at least moving forward.

The Gold Leaf are all going crazy :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: , they won’t be recognizable in a couple of days time.

2 Likes

I hear ya’ brother…been teaching about an hour and a half from home but driving back and forth, rather than staying over, so I can keep tabs on the garden during this transition to flower. Thanks for dropping in @Covertgrower.

2 Likes

Over the weekend I will post a photo of the control system in it’s current state (it seems to be evolving - both hardware and software) :grin: A big thank you for the on going support @dbrn32 .

4 Likes

Out of likes @merlin44

1 Like

I agree with you 100%. Like you I live in a legal state but I don’t like to advertise it. It is nice to just be able chat with like-minded people ask questions and just share a common love for the plant.
Keep up the good work. They look awesome. I can’t wait to hear how they taste and work when it’s all said and done.

4 Likes

It has been ten days since starting the Clone Army, I have mostly just left them alone and only look in on them every couple days or so. We are approaching the time to check for roots and actually plant them.
The question is, do they go from root-riot plugs to solo cups or to 1 or 2 gallon pots?
The original four clones were placed in solo cups to root and guess will stay in the cups for a few weeks after rooting (if they survive).

@Niala @neckNflu @elheffe702 @Bige @Momtomask @Countryboyjvd1971 @Covertgrower @Myfriendis410 @Rugar89 @ReMolu

4 Likes

In my mind less is more when it comes to transplanting. I would move to the two gallon. Or, go to the one gallon and then pot up to a 5 or 7 gallon.

What size pot do you plan on being her final home? That also plays a part in the decision.

3 Likes

My final pots are 10-gallon nursery pots. My current/first grow went from peat pots to 2-gallon to the 10-gallon. Thanks for the replay @FloridaSon.

2 Likes

Did you have issues with that last round? Going from starter to 2 to 10 sounds reasonable to me. Any particular reason you were thinking of changing what worked for you?

2 Likes

If you’re finishing your finishing in 10 gallon should be no problem moving from tray to 2 gallon.

2 Likes

No, just don’t know what to do with clones. :thinking::writing_hand:

1 Like

Thanks for the reply and info @dbrn32
I still have to figure out what to do with all of the clones (12 - 16 of them) that won’t fit in my rooms. :grin:

2 Likes

Better than alternative lol

2 Likes

You can move them to cup or 1 gallon. They will just stall out a little quicker. Sounds like that may be better option considering.

2 Likes

I live in the forest, might just take the excess clones and plant them outside and leave them on their own. What the heck? Nothing lost…:grin:

4 Likes

That works to

Going guerilla is what I was going to suggest with your over abundance. Clone up the land!!!

3 Likes

Kind of silly of me taking so many clones. Just wanted to be sure that five of six of them took root. Never occurred to me that all or nearly all of them would take root. No harm, No foul…just one more thing learned. :writing_hand:

I have 24 clones trying to root and it looks like 16 - 22 will root and I have room for six.

3 Likes

My dream is to place clones all over Marion county, Florida! One day I will bring that dream to life…

5 Likes

That’s terrific that all those lived. I’m usually around 75%/85% maybe on average? So I always take more than I need. Merlin you might just be awesome at growing natural meds. Your clones are doing awesome. your girls are doing awesome. Keep up the good work buddy.

2 Likes