First Grow From Beginning to End

Excellent point @1BigFella, I am just looking for more specific and detailed information so that I can make the best decisions and get my setup to the desired state as quickly and cost effectively as possible.

1 Like

PAR meter is a great way to go, if a tad expensive. You can get very professional grower-type results.

2 Likes

Ha, one can only hope…:rofl:

5 Likes

Day 67 Update: Flipped to flower 4 days ago, the Gold Leaf plants continue to produce more white pistils but not really in full flower yet, the White Widow plants don’t have any white pistils yet but there is new growth (leaves and even branches) emerging from where I expected pistils based on what the GL’s are doing. No balls (yet), thankfully:+1:

They all appear to be healthy and show measurable growth each day or two. Even though very subtle, it does appear as the all of the plants are starting to stretch a little bit. Lights remain at about 23" or so for the time being to keep them from stretching too much.

8 Likes

@merlin44, way to go. I flipped too. I had to put a lock-out tag-out sign on the door so I wouldn’t mistakenly open the door to take a gander at the girls. I have Northern Lights and Gold Leaf flipping at the same time. That should be interesting. You have GL and WW flowering at the same time. I haven’t researched it but what Nute shortage should be on the lookout for. P and K? (Phosph. and Potassium). I have Blooming Nutes from Roberts B’s site but I have yet to read the ingredients.

7 Likes

Lock out/tag out!! Haven’t used one of those in many years! Lol

Nice to see OSHA regulations finally being put to good use!!!

Lmao

6 Likes

I just lock up my freezer (where my plants flower), and I’ve trained myself to look at the clock on the wall right beside it when I pull and it doesn’t open. But a big red tag might work better! LOL :+1:

5 Likes

Excellent @Flyr, I thought about doing that but have a red light next to the flowering room door that flashes while the lights are off to remind me to NOT OPEN THE DOOR! The PLC that controls the entire grow operation is also controlling the flashing light.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

OOPS, I changed the text to properly indicate that the light flashes when the lights are OFF

5 Likes

Awesome Merlin I didn’t get any cuttings from my first grow since my wife is not really supportive at the moment. Can’t wait to see how yours do

3 Likes

Such a bummer deal, @ReMoLu!

1 Like

Perhaps your wife will have a change of heart and mind on the subject, we can only hope :+1:

4 Likes

My wife doesn’t approve, at all, but I’ve convinced her that it’s better than me spending 7k a year on it. When she heard that figure, she almost started encouraging the grow.

She knows I have no plans to stop smoking anytime soon, so she has called a truce in the battle against my growing. It helps that it’s legal, here.

8 Likes

That’s what prompted me…wait, so I smoke how much a week? And it’s HOW much an ounce? Oh, no, I’ll just grow it myself…

7 Likes

I haven’t bought any in well over 30 years, about what does it cost to buy?
This is why I decided to grow a little

1 Like

Great question, I will be watching for the answer(s) as I have not purchased any dope in 35 years. Been getting free, moderately crappy dope from a relative that grows. That is why I am growing. :grin:

1 Like

250ish a zip what’s typically around here. If you can find top shelf or get a little further from the city, 3-400.

1 Like

Holy Crap, Batman…who would have thunk?

1 Like

Ya, that’s guys I work with claim to be paying anyway. I smile, and think I wish I had more room.

2 Likes

Is a “zip” an ounce, I am bit out of touch…

1 Like

Wow, that’s 10X what I remember back in the day! LOL

2 Likes