First grow is everything looking good?

This is my first grow, critical +2.0 auto in hydro with advanced nutrients micro, grow, bloom. Planted October 25th.

8 Likes

Ohh man , I’m so sorry to be the one to break the news to you … But omg no I don’t think it will make it …,… I’m just teasing :joy: … Look I’m not an expert but it looks good to me . Has a nice color , leaves are perky and standing tall saying hi look at me :cowboy_hat_face: . Looks healthy to me anyway .

4 Likes

Healthy looking in the pics!! Keep up great growing!! :grin:

4 Likes

Happy and healthy Grow Bro, what light are you running? :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

I noticed the LST clips and I would suggest starting this at the top to let the lower bud sites reach the same height. An even canopy is even lighting distribution. Food for thought :love_you_gesture:

4 Likes

For a 70% Indica strain that plant sure looks like a Sativa. Tall, lanky, with skinny long fan leaves. Are you sure that is Critical +2.0? Almost looks like Ruderalis.

2 Likes

Sweet happy to hear, thanks for the lst advice. would anyone know roughly how many more weeks of flower I’d be looking at? I got the seeds from seedsman. I think it’s legit lol but like I said first grow. On the left here I’m getting ready to plant tropicanna poison xl auto. The grow light is in the pic.

1 Like

Also is it okay to still cut off fan leaves this far along or no?

Absolutely! I would suggest just not taking more than a 3rd of the plant at once. I usually stay under that untill awhile before flipping light schedule and then a while after flip. Also I clear it out from the bottom first.

The reason I ask is because it’s already in flower at least a couple weeks

1 Like

Oh ok , well I just finished my first grow and I was asking when it’s ok to trim . Sone say do it on the second week , sone say do it by the 15-16th day . Sone say 21 days . I think I did mine at the 2nd or 3rd week. In which I did to where I took the bottom 3rd of the plant off . Then just kinda took them off as the started to loose color from them on out type of thing . I ended up with close to 3 lbs . I’m running a little late at the moment to tag in a whole lot of people with more experience but I’ll quickly tag in one of 2 so that they may be able to further assist you and or give you a bit better advice . @Fieldofdreams @OGIncognito @Graysin one of these will be able to further assist or get someone who will. :+1: Good job she looks healthy and good luck from here .

3 Likes

I would guesstimate 8-10 weeks left to harvest :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

I follow the typical defoliation at light flip and a lollipop , 3 weeks in then 6 weeks in. I do pluck along the way too :love_you_gesture:

4 Likes

Thanks for the tag @Took1-4theteam , it means a lot.

Nitro, you can always remove excessive growth. My advice is to be intentional when you remove something from the plant. Whether it’s lower bud sites, or fan leaves, always have a purpose behind why you are removing stuff - not just “because I’m supposed to.” A lot of that reasoning is backed by bro science that doesn’t hold a candle to actual research, which admittedly is very hard to come by in the cannabis world due to its status federally.

Think of the fan leaves as your plants solar panels. She needs them to generate energy in order to grow. More leaves is better, even the “bud site blocking” leaves. The leaves are what creates the energy, not the bud sights. Exposing sites to light just helps degrade trichomes more rapidly, I’m not of the opinion that leads to better quality bud, just more maturation faster.

Based on what I see, you just entered actual flower about now-ish. I’d take a look on Seedsman’s site and see what they say the flowering time is - you very likely have that length of time left to go, plus a week or two because their estimated flower times are rarely, if ever, accurate. If it says 8-10 weeks, assume it will take 10-12 weeks.

5 Likes

Thank you @Took1-4theteam

I’m in agreement with the growmies :arrow_up:. I’ve been following these 2 since my arrival. :+1:t2:

4 Likes

Thanks @Took1-4theteam by any chance was your grow an auto flower? And thanks @Graysin and @OGIncognito i really appreciate the advice. I checked the site and it said 70-80 days seed to harvest but Idk :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Sounds like a good 8-10 week flower period to me. I dunno why seed sellers aren’t honest. Imo lots of plants are worth the wait.

@Graysin I’m definitely excited for the outcome, everyday is a little different. It’s crazy how quick they grow. Random question, what are the chances of getting pests in a hydro grow tent in my living room? Also would it be harmful to myself to use c02 bags since the tent is in a common area? Not sure how much that would change the surrounding area

1 Like

No I like doing photos. Mainly because I like having control of when they start flowering . If they aren’t as big as I’d like I can keep them in veg or if they seem to big I can flip them early . They are also way more forgiving if you was to make a mistake . Which is going to happen especially with us newbies! But I do have a 3pack of critical 2.0 autos from seedsman. I got them free for paying with zell-e. Which was also their holloween special that I got 2 free freakshow by hombolt as well as buy 5 get 5 free on purple ghost candy and black sugar . So 31 seeds for I think 103 bucks . Couldn’t pass it up and they are going to be going towards outdoor grows anyway. So I’m not to concerned if they don’t turn out to well or get stolen cause I don’t know my area that well . Will be doing 5 here 5 there type of thing and minimal care . If they do good than great, if not then no heartbreak . It’s the inside grows that gets most of my attention. Which I stick to twenty20 Mendocino, hombolt, and ilgm for. :+1:

Well I certainly hope that co2 bags wouldn’t be harmful cause I was pumping co2 tanks in my grow the whole time and I’m in a small studio apartment. :joy: You don’t have anything to worry about .