First grow indoors. Closet grow ILGM GDPA

First off, I love this forum!! Soo much info and love how everyone is eager to help!! Placed my order, recieved on Monday April 5th. Tuesday April 6th I dropped 3 seeds in a glass with water. Placed in my dresser drawer to start germination. Wednesday April 7th had to finish preparing the closet. Filled buckets with FFOF and used distilled water to moisten. After a 22hr soak in the glass of water I planted my seeds 1 knuckle deep. Set my Mars Hydro TS 1000 to 28" height and set dimmer at 50%. Friday April 9th my 2nd TS 1000 finally arrived. Installed 2nd light and timer (not on yet, just set and ready), daisy chained dimmers. Today April 10th I woke up to the girls breaking soil. Sprayed clear cups and used as domes. Last pic is what the little gals look like so far.

9 Likes

Welcome to the forum & your set up looks far better than my first go around. Good luck on your new adventure, looks like your hooked on it already.

3 Likes

Looks nice!

1 Like

Welcome. Off to a good start. I am wondering about the buckets and how much light comes through?

Thank you. I did think about the light coming through the buckets. Is why I wrapped them. Do you think they may need more than that?

1 Like

Nice bother , good space I see you improving it keep it up, just keep cups on and mist them every time top soil around the plan is dry the put back on

I totally thought about using a closet but i got a lil kid runnin around so nope lol…im also new here and good luck on your grow…the only possible recommendation i might make would be to maybe switch to 5 gal grow bags instead of buckets…but best of luck nonetheless!

1 Like

What’s a good R/O system for maybe $200? Was looking at Home Depot. The little ladies seem to be doing OK. But I need to get some humidity in the room. Temps close to 82F in the room. First put a 12 inch fan for circulation then later Sunday started echaust on low. Temp dropped nicely and so did humidity. Gave about a gallon of water between the 3 this evening, giving the little gal a little over a 3rd gal. Her soil was very dry. Watered from the outside in. Not getting close to stem. Let them out of domes to get a little movement for 2 hrs past 2 days. Switched to 18/6 on lights. I think they look happy I guess.

3 Likes

Recieved my humidifier today. For $60 it seems really nice. WIFI, timer, schedule and can set up, change setting from the app. After several hrs playing with humidifier settings and both my intake and exhaust fan was able to find a happy medium. Intake fan throttled down and humidifier on 7 I’ve been able to hold 67% humidity. Now the little gals can get some mosit air with a little breeze.

1 Like

Is that a ultrasonic humidifier? If your not using distilled water or RO it will put out a fine powder & it can appear to be WPM so if it happens don’t freak out.

I’m using distilled water yes. Been looking at RO systems at Home Depot. But I really don’t know what I’m looking at, lol

1 Like

1 of my little girls is pretty far behind her sisters it seems. She was the last one to sprout. (Within 2hrs of other 2). Not sure what’s up with her. Other 2 seem to be doing OK for 6 days old I think. Daytime temps 77°F 70%RH. Night time 69°f 65%RH

1 Like

Mutant plant? Let her go?

9 days counting the day they sprouted. 2 of my little ladies looking pretty decent I guess. My little mutant just doesn’t seem to want to try to grow. Not giving up on her yet!

3 Likes

Little gal decided to turn her ear up a little today.

2 Likes

Happy holidays to all. Day 10. Watered all the ladies til runoff, 6.3 ph water. Drained saucers, cleand, and wiped down bottom of grow area while I had them out of closet. Little gal got almost 1/2 gallon, split that and another gallon each on the other 2 ladies till runoff. FFOF still providing plenty of nutrients and then some. 300 ppm on my tap water.

1 Like

Day 14. Ladies have been doing well. My little dwarf has shown some growth. Went ahead and fim’d both her bigger sister’s. I think I got it right

2 Likes

2 Likes

Day 16. Wow the ladies grew alot the past 2 day!! @Nicky I’ve been trolling your post and journals, awesome grows btw!!. Did I fim these 2 properly? First time growing indoors, first time I ever attempted to fim.

2 Likes

Looks great
Feed a bit more nitrogen :ok_hand:

1 Like