600w led lamp
4" inline fan with filter and ducting
Wifi cam and plug
Hydro notes
Cal/mag
FF coco w added perlite
Ph gauge
Distilled water
Leaving a few things out but if any one had recommendations, tips, COEs… im receptive.
I will be growing 2 autoflower fem seeds
Anubis + Northernlights

You will also need a TDS/PPM (Total Dissolved Solids/Parts Per Million) meter, like this one:

And, welcome!

2 Likes

Looks like you’ve been doing some good research and will be off to a good start. You’ll need to add some nutrients at some point, and if cost isn’t a big concern, then some better quality lighting will be very helpful.

Welcome to ILGM and good luck to you!

2 Likes

Welcome, you’re in good hands.

Thank you all! And I was wondering about the tds meter. My seeds are on the way, now I wait…

First, Welcome to ILGM forum. Wanted to mention that if you are using FF Coco Loco it’s not a pure form coco coir. It’s buffered and mixed with Forest hummus. It’s also amended with similar nutrients as FF Ocean Forest. So you need to be sure that you take ppm readings before you add nutrients.

You will need a decent PH meter as well as calibration fluid and a means of controlling your temperature as well. Welcome aboard you’re in great hands here

1 Like

Ok, I got my ph meter from vivo and it came with the kit. My temp is my biggest concern. Light, inline fan and humidifier keeps my empty tent at 70ish° and humidity had ranged as high as 72

1 Like

What am I going to be looking for?

1 Like

Humidity at 72 is good for seedlings and just okay for veg. You’ll want it to be lower (<50%) for flowering. 70F is an okay temp. Ideally you will want it a little higher.

The following chart addresses transpiration rates and might be helpful:

3 Likes

I use the inkbird controller for my temperature. Not sure what everyone else uses

1 Like

Thanks for the info. Is the chart representing my plant over the course of its growth from seed?

Turned the inline and humidifier off for a bit, humidity dropped

1 Like

OK, assuming you are new to growing, pure coco coir has no amendments or nutrients. Meaning that you would be providing everything plants need, nutrients and such. With FF Coco Loco it’s amended with nutrients. Don’t know if it is as hot as FF Ocean Forest. So before you add nutrients you should take ppm readings. Most likely the soil you are using FF Coco Loco will be good for on nutrients for at least a few weeks if not longer. Once plants are transplanted into larger pots and in veg, when you water you will want to water until you get some runoff. No more runoff than 20% . Then you would use TDS meter to see if how high ppm is. The main thing is if soil has plenty of nutrients remaining in it and you start adding nutrients you can burn them up especially when they are in early veg stage. I’m currently growing in FF Ocean Forest and FF Coco Loco my girls are in 1 week one of Flower and I haven’t had to add nutrients yet.

2 Likes

Ranges in the chart for the various growth stages are at the top right of the chart.

2 Likes

If you are in the U.S., here is an “American” (Fahrenheit) VPD chart for you:

3 Likes

Stole these charts. Nice posts!!!

1 Like

Appreciate it

1 Like

Ok, do I didn’t know I had a limit to my replies. Thanks everyone for ther tips. I gotta go but color ink sp I can print out the cool charts. My 3# buckets should arrive today. Other than a possible run on potting media, I’m taking a mental break for the weekend. Il be checking this diary tho, lol

I went to Nutrient of the Gods website and filled out a form and they are sending me sample packs of nutrients all you have to pay is shipping which was 38$. I already had fox farms and was happy but always find what works for you

2 Likes