First Grow (Indoor Tent) - Advice is most welcome!

What ppm level do you suggest?

I meant get these dead leaves out of your pots lol

Okay, well they are out. And extra…
I am guessing I should not have done this at all so probably shouldnt do it to the other 3 girls.

Did I do bad damage? Can they be saved?

2 Likes

They’re fine. I’d have left the lower growth a bit longer, but it’s not a big deal. More leaves means more energy to food production. The downside to more leaves is less air movement and a higher potential for mold growth. So in veg you selectively pinch off a little of this and a little of that to open things up. Once you’re ready to flip you clean it out like you did.

but definitely dont do the other 3 yet then? lol

1 Like

I would not clean them out like you did. Rather, a selective defol of some fan leaves to get some airflow. If you think they’re getting plenty of airflow don’t take anything, but usually at this point it’s getting crowded in there. I include the top of the coco in the area to get airflow to.

2 Likes

@DrWoo gots you covered but i wanted add my 2 cents :grin:

When things start getting bushy and limbs going every where, I’ll usually first stip any and all big leafs starting from the top going down, exposing every “top” of a branch i can to direct light.
Most often this helps the shorters ones to shoot up.
Week or so later after things have grew, then i may start takeing branches i dont think will make it to the top.
I try to spread it out over time is what im trying to say…
You can always take more but you can’t put it back.

But short of cutting it as the base, they will be fine.
Some people purposely only have a few limbs, it tends to make them grow huge colas.

But use this for learning, do the others differently if ya want to see what you like or strip them to if ya want :blush:

@DrWoo, @dbrn32, @1HappyPappy, @Bulldognuts a
So here are the girls.

Tent 1: Needs more veg time…

Tent 2: Definitely needs more veg time…

Tent 3: Omg…is it almost flower time on this one?!

2 Likes

Lots of growth on that last one 4sure. :v: :sunglasses:

1 Like

Send it!

1 Like

You called it right. Flip #3, wait on #2, and you could flip #1 if you wanted. They will double in height in the two weeks following flip (the stretch). Redirect some of that stretch to lateral growth to fill the net. You really want as even a top as you can manage.

1 Like

Each tent has a 2nd trellis I have not yet installed. For tent 1 in particular, do you think it would be a good idea to install a 2nd trellis, and use it to slow (vertically, not horizontally) the taller growth, while the shorter growth catches up vertically? Or am I overthinking shit?

Sounds like a good plan on tent 1. Put the net at the top of the tallest plant, and take whatever comes through sideways. Do the same now for the lower net. Whatever is through that can be tipped over start sending out.

What’s your height from dirt to top? 18”-24”? Flip today and you’ll have about that same amount of lengthening of the branches in two weeks. Add another 6”-8” on sativa heavy hybrids. It all happens scary fast, so keep up on training. After stretch is done it’s an easy waiting game.

1 Like

Do I just flip it all at once or gradually?

All at once. You can change now to any on/off time you wish regardless of what it was during veg. But you only get to do the big time change once. If you want to move the lights on / lights off time later it’s a bigger deal. I’m set to give up morning time to get as much evening time as needed. You could do lights on overnight to fight heat issues. Lots of options. You do you.

My kneejerk reaction is that it will be best to have the lights off during the hottest 12 hour stretch of the day…

Just make sure you give yourself plenty of time. Life happens. Don’t forget your schedule changes for the weekend, unless you’re retired and every day is Saturday.

I have flipped it to lights out starting tomorrow morning at 6am until 6pm. I installed the second trellis in a way to allow the side growth a day or two to catch up to the center which is about 3 or 4 inches taller right now.

I have decided to wait a bit longer on that one. the canopy isnt quite what I want it to be.

I expect this one to be at least 1-2 weeks behind the other 2 tents so I am guessing I got some time on her. She was a slower strain, and she kind of got choked out in the center of the tent there for a while.

@DrWoo , @1HappyPappy , @Bulldognuts , @dbrn32
Day 1 of flower and the girls look great. I am concerned though about the height of the light and the fans. at least the canopy looks pretty even. Should i stop messing with it and just let it grow at this point? And do I need to lollipop it or anything else?

Things are looking good. You don’t need to lollipop, but you’ll want to do a little selective plucking of some fan leaves to promote some airflow. Plan on a significant defol around week 3.

I said it before, but try to keep up with growth and leveling over the next couple weeks. It can get out of hand surprisingly fast.

2 Likes