First grow in years

Welcome to Texas Mr. Lone Wattie, I’m growing 5 white widow auto flowers. All will be in the ground by next week in a 6-8 hour full sun plot. I augured holes ( 2’ deep ) for premium soil.
( soil is a local composted have Zero experience on LST or other methods of promoting good plant health & final yield, any advise will be greatly appreciated & considered

Mr. Josey Whales screwed up, Please allow me to finish.
Welcome to Texas Mr. Lone Wattie, I’m growing 5 white widow auto flowers. All will be in the ground by next week in a 6-8 hour full sun plot. I augured holes ( 2’ deep ) for premium soil.
( soil is a local composted ) I have Zero experience on LST or other methods of promoting good plant health & final yield, any advise will be greatly appreciated & considered

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum @JoseyWhales
There are many ways to grow. Autos dont always respond well to topping but LST techniques do well.
Post some pics as you progress and the forum members can offer suggestions.
Hope it goes well.

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum!!

My first thought was that it may be too late to plant now.

You said next week so Sept 10th + approx 3 months to harvest = Dec 10th.

Where I live it’s too cold even by like Oct 20th… but down there in Texas may be way different.

Regardless, keep an eye on them for frost and/or freeze and maybe have a plan for at the end.

Good luck!!!

3 Likes

Welcome to the community. I hope you are in the southern part of the state. I am in the northeast corner of Texas. I couldn’t grow outside after September. Happy Growing :blush::v:

2 Likes

Welcome to the community. 9 hours sun isnt alot. But as long as temps stay above 68 at night you will be ok, just dont expect huge plants. Perhaps, not in ground but instead in cloth pots might be a better option for you. Bringing them inside at night or even under a grow light for some extra hours of photosynthesis, then back outside for sunlight.
Lst is simple. The top/shoot that is tallest will recieve the most growth hormones, the object of lst is to keep the tallest top lowest. When a new dominant top shows, tie it down. Wash rinse repeat. Growing outside and in half daylight I wouldnt do anything except watch her grow. Autos dont care to be topped as much as photos so none of the HST methods are commonly used.

2 Likes

Nothing new for my household. Welcome
Unless you need to LST the plants to keep them low I would let them take their natural form. If you need to keep them short, just bend the main stem 45 and tie it down. As the side branches grow, do the same with them. Wide and flat.

1 Like

Welcome to the community.

2 Likes

I was thinking the same thing @VirginiaGrowBoy In my neck of the woods 1st frost usually late October.

2 Likes

Thank you , I appreciate the advice!. I had thrown out the grow bag idea do to my average daily temps well into early November. My gals are in 4" pots as we speak being acclimated to outdoors , I have to rethink grow bags some, now we’re looking at 90 degree daily temps with plenty of sun. After reading Docnraq’s mention of a 68 degree night temps : well, I’m concerned as my nightly temps are getting close to the 68 degree threshold ( right now ) doc mentioned . So lets say my daily temps are weed friendly yet the night temps drift into the 40"s, how will that affect my plants vs same day temps & nightly temps in the mid 60’s?
Looking as if the grow bag idea may just be the best option after all.
Thanks again!
Josey

2 Likes

Hello Doc. a quick question if I may, So lets say my daily temps are weed friendly yet the night temps drift into the 40"s, how will that affect my plants vs same day temps & nightly temps in the mid 60’s?
Looking as if the grow bag idea may just be the best option after all.

Thanks

1 Like

Bringing them inside should be good

40’s are gonna be too :cold_face:. 32 is freezing to give you an idea just how cold that is. I dont know what it would do to your plant but from a simple standpoint, every cultivar is different. We will take one of mine in example.

This Godzilla Goo is good in continental, mediteranian climate.

By definition highs and lows between 100’s and 80’s during growing times (spring summer early fall.) Most cannabis is medeteranian climate loving. So gonna see alot of stress from lows in the 40’s. Growth during the hours its lows like that would be at a standstill if it survived it. Think taking it inside is your only option to make it to harvest.

I am growing in a high plains desert. Last year when the night temps hit freezing we would carry them in. This year I have more plants and bigger bags so not an option.

I have a clothesline strung down the middle of the grow area and plan on throwing a tarp over them at night.

You want to make sure the roots don’t freeze.

A couple of ideas.

Use tomato cages and throw a towel or old blanket over the top at night.

Place the pots/bags in styrofoam coolers.

Surround the pots with leaves/grass clippings as an insulator. Also cover the exposed soil in the pot with a mulch.

I have used these techniques with tomato plants and potted peppers in the past.

Best to you!

3 Likes

Topped auto just have to top them in the vegetative state

1 Like

How old is she,mine are still seedlings in 4’" pots getting acclimated to full sun. The consensus / advice I have received is to use grow bags so I can put them indoors at night if needed ( I decided to do that ) . My only auto flower experience is a white widow grown in a hempy bucket (google if not familiar ) and that single plant grow was cut short by a rodent . Just curious here, after I notice the start of flower formation, about how long until they’re ready for harvest? Plants are white widows.

Good morning, I sure could use some advise if you have the time ( please ) I’m in wk 13 of my white widow auto grow, I put them in pots ( glad I did ).
I am in week 10 of flower with a few red hairs & some trich’s starting to look milky/dull, the last time I used nutes was 2wks ago & have watered once since. Should I stop the nutes or continue? Is their something I need to add to my water ( if nutes are discontinued ) to aid flushing?..Thank you in advance.

Josey whales

I apologize for not getting the pictures and text in the same post. I’m not real Internet savvy‘s, and I have some vision problems. Anyway, those are the pictures of my runt white widows

No, you can hurry the process by flushing your soil with alot of water, say 10 or 15 gallons to wash away any nutes still remaining in the soil.