First grow in tent cherry pie ilgm

Gave the girls another pretty tuff pruning today and changed some things. Put the fan and filter inside(was outside) the tent. And switched out the 2 Vivo sun vs1000 lights 100 watt leds for 1 Vivo sun vs4000 400 watt led. Double the power should be more then enough coverage for the 3 by 3 now.

3 Likes

Day 56-Girls recovered nicely from the pruning. Just want to gain a little more height before flipping to flower.

7 Likes

Looking good ,excellent growing Pharmer.:clap:

2 Likes

Well done!

Following for myself

1 Like

Thank you!

What’s going on here nutrient deficiency? Showing on new growth Fox Farms Ocean soil I have not been feeding nutrients I’m starting to wonder if the soil is now depleted

1 Like

@Bulldognuts @VirginiaGrowBoy @beardless @Awarth32

1 Like

I hope this helps! I grow in hydro, so I don’t wanna lead you into the wrong direction! Good luck! :four_leaf_clover: :seedling::sunglasses:

1 Like

First off, I am terrible with diagnosing plant ailments. If, more accurately, when I have an issue I still post and ask.
Just in terms of basics what is the Ph of the water given to them?
Also, what is the Ph & PPM of the runoff?
Have you used any Calcium & Magnesium supplement?
If I an counting right you are close to 60 days on the OF soil and have not added any nutrients yet. You are right. It is time to start feeding them.
Before you do, get good runoff numbers for each plant. Meaning give enough Ph’ed water (6.5 - 6.6) to have 15 - 20% runoff. Take and record Ph & PPM numbers. This will be the baseline so you know where each plant is starting.
For reference Soil / Hydro Ph chart

1 Like

Yes I’m just getting to 60 days about. I have not checked the pH or the ppm of runoff I have not been watering to The point of run off yet. But the pH of the water I was using it’s about seven maybe 6.9 I also have been adding Cal mag and molasses the last couple weeks

2 Likes

If there’s any experts that could help feel free to tag them could use all the help I can get

2 Likes

Hey dudes, y’all wanna help this fine person out? @Graysin @Tylersays

2 Likes

Overall they don’t look horrible. Your water should really be in the 6.5Ph range going into the pot and CalMag is gonna push it higher than whatever it’s at when you introduce it. FF soils are notorious for CalMag deficiency. If you’re at 60 days in the soil the probably are starting to get hungry as the pre-charge in the soil should be about gone.
The molasses shouldn’t have an effect on Ph.
I would also definitely recommend watering to run off too.
It helps keep the soil clean and cut down on potentially toxic build up of nutrients.

I think there’s some microbes in that sample kit that could help you too. Technically the molasses would be to help feed and maintain the microbe population in the soil, but introducing new colonies to get growing has almost immediate benefits.
Microbes are your friend!

Looking good again though and Best of Luck!
I’ll be lurking around! :laughing:

2 Likes

This is the way.

Your pH is too high, even for soil. Add some pH down (after all your other nutrients) to get it down to 6.5.

This.

Also this.

A bit of everything by the looks of it. Phosphorus (dark patchy blotches); magnesium (rust colored spots; older leaves are dry, curling and crispy); potassium (leaf tips/edges darkening, appear almost rusty).

4 Likes

Thanks @Graysin @Tylersays @Awarth32 ive been playing with this crappy ph pen all day I think it’s calibrated now and if so…… the ph of the water may have been as low as 5 I use a zero water filter to take all the chlorine and stuff out and it appears to be dropping the ph more as it ages, but I want to double check with the new Blue labs ph pen will hopefully be here tomorrow

3 Likes

The blue labs or the Apera pens are the best bet. I had to do an upgrade myself, not to long ago! Get to feeding them, and get the ph under control, and the girls will bounce back! I’ll be watching. Happy growing my friend :metal:t2::sunglasses::seedling:

2 Likes

Yeah you won’t get a consistent or reliable Ph from RO or distilled water. All the minerals have been taken out and the combination of those in the water is what determines the Ph.
Tap and well water would have a Ph because of the presence of minerals and things.
You want to adjust the Ph of the water after you have mixed nutes. On a “plain” water day you’ll have to use CalMag to get something into the water so you can adjust.

2 Likes

My el cheapo pH meter GRADUALLY went up in pH without me knowing it.

The net result was, without me knowing it, I was pH’ing the nute/water mix down to 5.7 for my soil watering. Scary!

I finally broke down, replaced it and bought a Apera and calibrate it once a season. Best money I spent.

3 Likes

My ph up and down will be here Thursday so that will give them a chance to dry out some. And then They can get them some PHed water finally. I really appreciate the help everyone very very very much!!! I will update tomorrow hope they do
Ok through the night!

3 Likes

Update girls today not much has changed maybe a little more progression waiting on this
Ph up and down solution and run off trays