First grow in soil and coco

Maybe Im trying to much for the first time but wasn’t sure what I wanted to grow in so decided to try both soil and coco.
I have 3 strains going also. Skywalker OG, Bruce Banner, and Black Widow it’s the Hero mix pack from ILGM and they are photo periods.
I just found this forum today so thought I’d give it a shot posting and hopefully learn from others how to do this.
Im 17 days since seeds were planted. I’ve only watered the soil and have added light coco canna nutes to the coco plants. I have everything written down can get specific if u want. After looking at some of the other posts are these small or do they look good for the age?

I have them under a Mars hydro ts1000. They are 24 inches under light.
I have 1 of each strain in coco and 1 of each in soil. The black widow in coco didn’t make it though.
Will water tonight and will update then. Watering has been hard for me just knowing when and how much.
Thanks in advance for the help

1 Like

They look great and skywalker will turn into this

1 Like

I’m super exited about this growing process. I’ve researched this more than I’ve researched anything ever. I’m taking this more serious than my job. Something really intoxicating about it.

3 Likes

Is that why you do it? Because that is exactly why I do it! :grin:
Your plants look great man, if you will fill this out we will all try and help you through this little “intoxicating” :grin: ordeal
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
  • Indoor or Outdoor
  • Light system
  • Temps; Day, Night
  • Humidity; Day, Night
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
  • Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner

Are those photos or autos?
Did u LST them?

Photos here is my auto

I love the fact you said I take it more serious than my job :joy::joy::joy: hilarious! It’s intoxicating and so fun to watch your hard work pay off.

One thing I always advise on is going organic. The taste and smell is by far superb to anything synthetically derived. Some say it’s harder but I’d argue the exact opposite. They looks great - on watering remember you want them to dry out before watering again. Stick your finger in the medium about a inch (half inch with small plants like you have) and see if it sticks to your finger at all. If so wait - if not water.

If you want to know anymore on organic just let me know I’ll be happy to share (in addition to some great threads on here already). Good luck on the grow m8 :+1:

2 Likes

Looking good :+1:t4: :v:t4:

[quote=“Holmes, post:4, topic:57946”]

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
  • Indoor or Outdoor
  • Light system
  • Temps; Day, Night
  • Humidity; Day, Night
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
  • Co2; Yes, No
  • What strain, Skywalker OG, Bruce Banner, and Black Widow All photos from ILGM
  • Method: 1 of each in FFHF and 1 of each in Growit coco
  • Vessels: Right now they are in solo cups. Transplanting into 1 Gallon pots then into 5 gallon Fabric pots
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff. Will update tonight when I water
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution. Will update tonight when I water
  • Indoor: Indoor in a closet for now
  • Light system: 1 Mars Hydro TS1000 will go to 2 Mars Hydro SP3000
  • Temps; Day, Night: Day is around 73F and 65% Night is 65F and 65%
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size: Nothing yet trying to get advice for that
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier: Humidifier yes I live in the north central Us so gets pretty dry in winter
  • Co2; Yes, No: Not yet
1 Like

Time to pot up, the coco is going to crush the soil mark my words lol.
They look pretty good for your first grow considering the agem

@Nicky moving to 1 gallon pots tonight. Using happy frog soil should I use nutes ?

1 Like

Are they autos or photos?
If photos go right ahead sounds like a good plan then pot them up to bigger pots later.

They are photos.

1 Like

Yup fly away at it.
What’s your final pot size?
Are these the soil or coco ones?

I have 3 in happy frog soil and 2 in coco
I want to put them in 1 gallon pots tonight then get them in their final home of 5 gallon pots. I talked to a guy at local store and he recommended not going all the way to 5 gallon from solo cup so was going to do 1 gallon then 5. So u think it should be fine for nutes in the happy frog today?

Autos go in final pots. Photos you can pot up slowly and it works better that way.

@Nicky liking this forum on this site. So many helpful people. Been looking around for a bit to get some guidance. So much info on google it’s hard to know what’s right so talking to people who have done this really helps.
So thank u everyone for your help.

1 Like

Lots of good reads on google but stick to reliable sources
I second Geuss anything on forums until I understand it good enough to teach it.

Transplanted into 1 gallon pots and watered.
Soil water PH’ed at 6.5 EC is .2
Coco water PH’ed at 5.8, EC 1.1, PPM 700 790 1 - Bruce Banner in coco 400ML in Runoff of 200ML PH is 6.4, EC is .5 PPM 330
2 – Skywalker in coco 400ML in Runoff is 100ML PH is 6.3, EC is .6 PPM is 400
3 – Black Widow 500ML in Runoff is 50ML PH is 6, EC is 3.7
4 – Skywalker 500ML in Runoff is 120ML PH is 5.7 EC is 4.2
5 – Bruce Banner 500ML in Runoff is 100ML PH is 5.9, EC is 3.9
Let me know what u think

What is max ph on run off? Please let me know proper way so I do it right