First grow in garage

I use this one:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071DVVZYS/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_i_5ONZEbBYGXM7F

1 Like

Youā€™re growing in a tent? I thought it was just in your garage. What size is it? And do you have a vent system connected to your light hood?

I have my lights 24" above my girls. Light placement will not change the temp in the tent. I have 6" ducting from the hood out of the tent connected to my cloudline 6", and exhausting air out my window.

1 Like

@Zee Iā€™ve got the basic with it, 4" extractor and ducting. No vent or cooling system on lights. Just 2 fans blowing. Just open the door to vent heat if itā€™s too much. On a budget. Gonna order lights off amazon now. Do I need to get calmag. Canā€™t even vent outside as would be very noticeable if anyone walked in and Iā€™ve no diy skill at all. The tents 1.2wide and 2m tall.

1 Like

Is 30c your 24 hour high temp? Get some 4in ducting, a few buckets. Connect it to your vent, and get it exhausting air out of the top of your tent. If you can afford it ( I respect the budget) Iā€™d get a 6" to 4" reducer connect it to the end of the light and out the tent. It wonā€™t make a huge difference, but should get you around the comfy zone. I have had 84 degree days in my tent, with no issues.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0842XMBYC/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_i_A2OZEbVNS5AD3

1 Like

My light dosent have any connections, just the light and reflector. 30-32 is the highest. If I keep an eye on it I can keep that down with fans and opening tent up and bit. Canā€™t wait to go 12/12 and have lights on 7pm-7am. Iā€™m completely new to this and never grew before. Want to be as precise as I can possibly be. I have a 4" swift air fan to extract out the roof and about and meter along the roof so as fresh air can come from bottom vents and through door. I donā€™t know if Iā€™m rambling or making sense here.

1 Like

do you have a carbon filter? You will want one for sure if you dont want to draw suspicion! Dont think a garage door is gonna do the trick come flower time, that room is gonna go off ! It will stink like a party of skunks getting hit by a truck! Your house will smell quite bad. A carbon filter is pretty cheap and they do work very well at reducing odor. I highly recommend you get one before flip! You can mount it outside the tent to allow more tent space.

1 Like

Makes sense. Switch out that HPS with the MH, when it gets in. That HPS and MH are to strong for the seedlings. Typically 3 weeks out of ground is when you can add them under that powerful light. If you got an alternative source for light, I would use that for seedlings.

1 Like

@Cannabian yeah have a carbon filter just not connected yet. Thatā€™s what Iā€™m scared of. Having to take it down cause itā€™s too much to keep secret. Great analogy with the skunks. Looked up the reducer and it went straight over my head. Garage door is just for the heat. @Zee light will be her 1-2 June. Got a cheap led light off wish.com if that would be any good.

2 Likes

Does it make a difference if the tent has a sucked in look when extractor is on. How much smell will I expect to leak. Im not gonna be in there during the day during flowering. Dunno how sweet neighbours will be.

1 Like

When you get that cheap LED light, post a picture of itā€™s specs, specific to the actual draw watts/power. I think itā€™s similar to a burple, which is what I use for seedlings. Build or get a second area set up for seedlings, you donā€™t want that light in your tent, will increase the temperature.

That sucking in look is a good thing, itā€™s negative pressure, meaning your drawing out air, so itā€™s working :slight_smile:

The residual smell will determine how strong and efficient your carbon filter isā€¦

1 Like

A fresh carbon filter works remarkably well. There may be some smell but it will be hard to tell where its comin from. If during flowering you can smell it, use car freshen in your garage.

1 Like

Apparently itā€™s a 600w led. Came from china with no instructions or manual.

if Iā€™m screwed for somewhere else what will happen to the autos. Will the MH light be ok when it arrives @Zee. Iā€™ll have to prob get that gel to absorb smells. Just 2 garages together so I think Iā€™ll have guilty plastered on my forehead if I canā€™t keep it sweet @Cannabian. Starting to worry a bit now.

1 Like

The Chinese led lights are almost never what they say they are. The metal halide will be fine. The carbon filter should be good enough to mask the odor. You may want to buy a cheap assed pack of car fresheners, the kind you buy at a gas station and hang on your mirror. You can use them for late veg too just to confuse the smell a bit. If you are at risk of going to jail over this it will impact your health if you are stressed out over it. Be kind to yourself and do the right thing.

1 Like

@Cannabian @Zee Thanks soo much, really good to hear sound advice and actual care for wellbeing. Ill get some air fresheners as Im growing for fun and to save money, already suffer with anxiety and depression and wanted a fun hobby. Itā€™s got me off the drink already to. Anyone use ona gel. Read not to in grow room as affects buds but might be an otion for inside the garage.

2 Likes

You will be fine till the MH bulbs arrive. I am in a illegal state, am not worried, just smart, and I would say youā€™re too. I respect the fact you will be using it decrease your beer intake, same here! Happy growing!

1 Like

put a load of ice into a bucket and put a fan in front of it if the heat starts messing with your growā€¦you may create rain and clouds but not too close to the Galsā€¦Good Luck

1 Like

thanks for tagging me here at 50Ā°, humidity is one of the keys to growing superb pot my friend.
They are very cheap these days, the one I bought came with instructiobs in Mandarinm so good luck with that, I bought it 2 years ago and it does the job.

@OlyBoy98503 @James68 @Cannabian

is this starting to flower? Itā€™s a bag seed so donā€™t expect itā€™s an auto and lights are 18/6.

It certainly looks that way! Can you get a clearer picture of the buds?

Check it for male parts, when anyone says bag seeds, I always label it as ā€œCould be anythingā€. As you know you donā€™t want him or his pollen around the girls

1 Like