First grow in 25 years

Is this the fruity mix pack buddy

yes it is thanks for looking

They look beautiful buddy, quite bushy, how far along are they

they are 14 weeks from seed.

1 Like

Very good, so are they inside and you must have them well into their flower by now yes

Thats the problem I noticed flowers 5 weeks ago starting. so I moved them to a HPS light but the light was 18/6 because I thought they where auto’s. But I didn’t see anything change in 4 weeks. Bob recommended go to a 12/12 light and I have started to see more flowering . But have this yellowing going on for 5 weeks just on fan leaves

1 Like

this would be my top suspect since you just entered flower and your plants nutrient needs have changed

The yellowing I would say is probably down to your nutrients, I am using flower power nutrients from Robert Bergman, and they are doing an awsum job on my durban poison, your girls look great but you are right they are definitely not auto’s, I got my pack today and they are feminized seeds but it looks like yours are looking big and beautiful my friend, I am doing a first time grow with seeds from Robert Bergman, I wasn’t having a lot of luck to start with as I only had 1 in 5 root, but I have got better equipment now and I have also started a gold leaf, so I think it’s just because I was new to it and it was not down to the seeds, so it looks like you have had your girls in veg extra long and your going to get a great yield from them

1 Like

where can I get potassium ? and how much do I add?

Most flower boosting products have a high PK low N which is what you want during flower typically by 3rd week how much to add is product to product but start with less than recommended. I use Bud blood for first kick 0-39-25 and only add during 1 week of flower then Stick with base nutrients until buds are formed 3-4 weeks and give them a final push with 0-50-30 these products are super concentrated a tsp to 5 Gal type of additives. I am sure there are garden variety boosters out there which will do in a pinch

1 Like

@ted what is the pH of the water you are using? Not the soil but the water?

Also how do you know how much nutrients to use if you arent checking your TDS those numbers both before watering and in your runoff would tell you how your girl is really doing.

You might consider watering to runoff and then it should take a few days for the soil to dry. Watering everyday encourages root rot.

I would strongly recommend a pH meter and a TDS meter and pH up and down to adjust your pH.

2 Likes

sry i miss understood you . I ph down my tap water to 4.9 to get my runoff to 6.5 it runs high . and my nuts I add the three foxfarm at 2 teaspoon of each per gal then adjust ph to get runoff to 6.5 . Before I went to 10 gal pots if I didn’t water everyday they would wilt up. so to keep them happy I watered.
What is a TDS meter i need one I have a PH meter and test strips also meter is easer.

Total Dissolved Solids. It measures the parts per million of your water so you know if you’re nutrients are being absorbed or are running off. You want the ppm of your runoff water to be within 600-800 ppm of the mix going in.

@ted no worries brother. When we ask for pH we want to know water in and runoff pH.

Doing great! :+1::grin::+1:

I will get a TDS meter this week. cant have the kids go with out . I pulled 6 clones off also and 3 days later they are still alive fingers crossed what a new hobby.

2 Likes

@ted cloning is the gift that keeps on giving! Can’t go wrong!

got something else going on now red stems and red veins still have some yellowing . I have some kind of deficiency . but over all plant looks great

@ted Most likely it is an Excess!

So the first step is stop watering and stop nutrients for a bit.

Here is the ticket you posted on the 13th anything need updating?

Also here is a copy of the deficiency & excess chart- See your symptoms?

So here are some of my thoughts…

I am not familiar with the HPS but, hand test to be sure if you place your hand near the top of the plants it isn’t too hot. Consult the mfg paperwork for proper placement. (probably depends on the age or stage of your plants)

Humidity seems low. 40% should be the low RH of the day

FFOF soil is nutrient rich and you are giving nutrients that are probably causing the issues.

Let’s get that TDS meter before we give any water or nutrients.

How do you determine when it is time to water?

AND don’t worry we will get you back on track here shortly! :+1: :grinning:

I dont feel the plants are hot in the 8x8 room. the old grow space was much worse.
my humidity is low it always has been. I soak a towel leave it on the floor sprits the plants 2-3 times a day and have a humidifier of high . Its just not enough. with out anything I am in the teens.
I water at the beginning of the light cycle if its dry I water. i have been using the chart at fox farms for nuts.
just 3 tsp. big grow 2 tsp tiger grow. its been that way for 3 or 4 weeks i have been stuck in week 10.
I only add Cal-mag when feeding. my plants are not brittle at all . to me it seems like a sulfa deficiency or N deficiency. but way back when I add cal-mag to my program it did fix things. I could be a little light on the cal-mag giving it only every 3-4 days. I could be giving it with water. I would say on the water with the new 10 gal pots i will make 2 days before I see the plants weep over. before i had to water every day.
Now on this PPM meter do I check tap water also. Then my runoff water?
My second batch of plants look great and don’t have any problems yet.
i need that meter but i just spent 26 hrs plowing snow i have to sleep.
TED I see your pats logo are you from
New england? Iam on the northshore of boston

@ted yes sir I’m your neighbor then, I’m in the Merrimack Valley not far from Lowell. TDS is read like pH

Draw water from tap and let sit for 24 hours or more to allow chlorine to evaporate.

Check pH and TDS add nutrients.

Check both again adjust pH as needed.

Water to runoff of 10-20% and collect last runoff and check pH and tds.

That way you know what’s coming out of the tap. What your nutrients are adding and what your plant is doing with the nutrients.

There are grow stores everywhere. Google hydroponics store near me and they should have the TDS meter.

1 Like