First Grow.. ILGM Seeds (Jack Herer & OG Kush)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed : Jack herer & OG Kush —ILGM
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF: Organic Roots Soil
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths: Using 5 gal pots air pots
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable): distilled water
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable:N/A yet
  • Indoor or Outdoor: Indoor
  • Light system : HLG 4x 132 qb
  • Temps; Day, Night: not sure first day/night today will update tomorrow :slight_smile:
  • Humidity; Day, Night : wil update tomorrow
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size: buying one in 1 week
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier, : humidifer and dehumidifer
  • Co2; Yes, No : no

Hello Guys!! THIS Will be my first grow. After reading a couple of books i decided to start looking for seeds online, this is how i found this website. I looked around for seeds and stumbled on the forum. Oh boyyy am I so glad I did…!!! I learned alot from you guys… I Put my lights together just by reading this forum and made some things needed for the grow.

I put in 2 seeds… first Jack herer and OG kush … in a shot glass with distilled water room temperature.
Left them for 48 hours, first Jack herer went to the bottom as soon as i put it in the shot glass but the OG kush was struggling and floating. I put another seed of OG kush in another shot glass and it grew a tail in just under 12 hours…

I then put the OG kush and Jack herer both with tails in the paper towel and ran some water through it just enough so its wet… and not soaking. I then put them in the zip-lock baggy with air in it and shut it tight.

24 hours later I transferred them to the peat pellet where they are now… I even put the one OG kush that didnt sink to see if it will germinate . Im hoping the best out of it but the 2 others are really growing their tail about half an inch.

Im hoping the best in future. I got Flora series for nutes and PH up down , I also got the Cal-Mag and Dc stick as well as ph . I got a clip on 6 inch fan and also a bigger stand up one if i need it later.
I also am purchasing a ventilation system in about a week when i get paid.

I have my led lights about 24 inches from canopy of the peat pellets anyways and the setting on the led is turned down all the way so its probably at like 30-50% of its power.

Let me know if im doing anything wrong please guys… Im just stabbing my toes in this so I would appreciate any help i can get!
Also I work 12 hour days most of the days so this will be rough but i dont do much so i will devote my time to the plants when im here at home :smiley: i have my lights set to 18 hours on and 6 off…

Thanks ALL for coming along for the ride!!

6 Likes

Don’t worry about this. None of my seeds have ever sank. Haven’t had a bad germination yet.

My qb 135’s turned all the way down is 50w.

Keep the domes on them but I’d raise the light to 32-36”. I sprout mine under a 19w LED. The qb’s are the real deal and can be intense for seedlings if not far enough away. If you get stretch, you can always drop them lower

1 Like

@TibTheTryHard, I’m set to watching and I’m jumping aboard from the git go. Good luck my friend. I agree with you 100% this forum is awesome

1 Like

Welcome.

I don’t use peat pellets but have seen some struggle with them and some no problem. Set to watching!

2 Likes

I’m with @AAA on the peat pellets and I was one of the ones that struggled with them, I now use red solo cups and I fill them up.

3 Likes

My next grow will be in solo cups for sure!!! Thanks for the input .

Just thought it would be easy to transfer them so I went peats but never mind on that . I’ll keep you guys posted and we will see what happens !

I’ll deff raise the lights … I was actually wondering yesterday if 24 was to short cause of the brightness . Thanks bro

1 Like

Started my grow in the same 5gal fabric pots using 70% Gaia green 444 and 30% Gaia green 284

This picture is from day 43 (yesterday feb 8th)