First Grow How Do I Fix This

Harlequin auto flower, 4 weeks on 3/15, 18/6 lights

My first grow indoors and my first time growing anything honestly. I realized that I should have topped and trimmed, but was advised on Reddit that it is probably too late and should not be an issue.

As the image shows, I have yellow spots on my leaves, and some leaves drooping that are really dark green while others are light green with yellow spots with some drooping slightly and others having spots but not drooping.

Up until yesterday, I was running 12/12 on lights and possibly overwatering. I noticed the spots before, just seems to be on more leaves now (luckily only a few).

The reason for the light schedule change is I was told I should be doing either 18/6 or 20/4. So I changed the lighting schedule on that recommendation.

Is this salvageable or do I need to start again? Can someone let me know possible issues and how I prevent this from getting worse as well as happening in the future? Is it safe to cut the leaves that are damaged and if so, how far back do I cut? Do I even need to get rid of the leaves?

Thanks for all your help with my mistakes and for helping me learn.

Matt

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum.

A few blemishes here-and-there is nothing to worry about. Your plant looks good.

3 Likes

Howdy Matt
Welcome to forum
I reckon they look OK
Me personally for autos ,I would have 18 on 6 off. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Looks like some nutrients got spilled on the leaves.

2 Likes

Wow, was not expecting such fast response. Thanks for all the help. I have been worried about this plant be ruined due to the spots.
@Deepsix - I have spilt Bergmans stage 2 on them, I did not even think of that.
@Hashtonbutcher - I made the switch to 18/6 couple of days ago. I ran this for the first couple weeks, but then read 12/12 and just learned that autos were different.
@MidwestGuy - Thanks, I have been worried that I was messing up. I am using this for medical and am anxiously awaiting the grow to finish and did not want to start again.

Thanks again everyone

2 Likes

Nothing better than growing your own medicine. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Dang dude, this will show you how much I know about what I am doing. I thought I ordered the autoflower and got harlequin feminized instead. I just realized this when i was telling a friend about what I got (medical kit)

So my question, is how much does that change things for me? How long will it take till harvest with feminized and do I need to change my lighting, etc?

Thanks again

1 Like

The only difference if it is a photo plant is that you will have to give it a 12/12 light schedule to get her to flower.

Eight to 10 weeks after the plant starts flowering.

1 Like

How will I know if it is a photo plant? So I am looking another 2-3 weeks or so with vegetative and then 8-9 weeks from there or around May - June till I am done? Also, how often do I need to use the Bergmans? Everytime or alternate between that and plain water?

Sorry for the dumb questions, I seriously am learning everything as I go now and now I am kind of frustrated, because I was expecting to be able to harvest sooner. Oh well, nothing I can do except adapt.

Thanks again

1 Like

I assumed it based on your saying this:

2 Likes

If you flip the light schedule today, you should see flowers forming (the beginning of flower) within a week to 10 days.

Often enough to maintain a runoff PPM of ~1,000.

1 Like

Thank you, I will switch the lights to 12/12 as recommended. I really appreciate all your help with this.

1 Like

Welcome to the community !

2 Likes

Welcome to the family and good luck with your meds. They will help get you to the finish line. :point_up_2:

2 Likes

Hey there @triadmatt
I agree with the others that your plants look fine. Excellent in fact. Many new growers have trouble with feeding and lighting, but yours look like a seasoned growers.
You do need to confirm weather you have autoflowers or photo period plants. It sounds like you have ILGM seeds so you just need to look at the packet. If they are autos then the code after the dash will say FAP like this one…
The number is just how many seeds there are in the packet.
If its photo period then it will be just -FP#
If its an auto it should flower under any light schedule so 18/6 will be fine. Its a popular light schedule for autos. But if its a photo period it will need 12/12 to flower. I grow Harlequin all the time and its a great product. By itself mild and relaxing. Mixed with other strains it will mellow the buzz and take that paranoid edge off.
Keep up your journal. We love to follow and there are many great growers here to help out.

3 Likes

She will look like this as an adult, but hopefully without the deficiencies… got it under control now…

2 Likes

Welcome to the community.

2 Likes

It looks like Harlequin fem to me and that takes 9 weeks to finish. I’ve grown several of them in the last couple of years looking for the best pain strain. The best I’ve found so far is Harle-Tsu. Harlequin is one of the parents @triadmatt. The plant looks fine to me.

Sorry for the late response everyone. Evidently I triggered some kind of post limit, so I could not reply till now. So I am replying to all, incase I have been flagged as spam or something.

@Spiney_norman , @ChittyChittyBangin, @OldSkunk

Thanks for reaching out and helping. Thanks for confirming I am on the right track growing. This is kind of cool and think I found a hobby.

I got these from ILGM and confirmed it is FP, so I will adjust to 12/12 today.

Since you grow Harlequin on the regular, what should I expect size wise, etc. I have a 24’x36’x60’ tent and am worried I will not have enough room b/c this plant is supposed to get tall. How much should I expect to harvest?

I am growing to treat psoriatic arthritis and autoimmune issues. I had this in Vegas a few years back and it was amazing. For me it was kind of like taking a percocet and valium at the same time with no head games/anxiety that normally associated with other strains. My pain was not quite gone, but just more of an irritant in certain places and I was relaxed, happy and just felt what I would guess normal feels like. Never knew where to get it again until I found it here.

I was told to try Blue Dream for something just as good, but I am worried about the higher THC b/c I don’t do well with high THC.

I will check out Harle-Tsu, thanks for the info.

@Mosca , @kellydans, @Deepsix
Thanks, I am so glad I found this place.

Matt

2 Likes

Since its a photo period and not an auto then it will grow just like any other photo period plant. I have yet to see any difference in the strains I have grown. I have done HQ, Blue Dream, Northern Lights, Granddaddy Purple, Purple Haze, plus several Autos before I quit the autos. Autos are too unpredictable as far as results.
I pretty much get the same results no matter what plants I grow. Here is my process.
I grow in a 3x4 tent with 435 actual watts of lighting. I have grown 2 to 5 plant per grow and will get pretty much the same amount each grow. Typically a little over a pound. Last grow was 4 plants and final dry wt. was 22 ounces. The idea is once you fill the space with whatever number of plant then let them flower. The space dictates how much you get not how many plants.
If I grow 2 then they will be in 5 gallon fabric pots. If I grow more than 2 then they are in 3 gallon pots.
I grow in coco coir with added perlite and use Jacks 321. I don’t add anything else and use the same formula all the way through. If I see some nutrient burn at any time then I just give plain water for a day or two the go back to normal feeding. I don’t flush ever.
I top the plants at node 5 or 6 to give a solid 8 or 10 strong branches. The two lowest branches that grow from the first node are the weakest so I will remove those. It has the added benefit of giving more space to the lower area to make tending and watering easier. You can use a net or stakes or twine to pull the branches down to keep the canopy evenly distributed under the lights. If a branch get away from you and grows too tall you can supercrop it which is bending it severely actually kinking the stem. It will recover quickly and be fine. I switch to 12/12 around week 5. Depends on how full the tent is. You can expect the plant to double in size after switching. For two to three weeks after flipping to 12/12 it will stretch insanely fast. Keep tucking the branches down to even out the canopy. After you see flowers forming its just a matter of time til they are ready. 9 weeks from the flip and you will be in the ballpark. THERE IS NO SET TIME. It takes whatever it takes to mature and be ready.
Because Harlequin is a CBD plant and that is why you grow it, you will want to harvest it when CBD is at its peak. That comes earlier than the point where THC matures. This video explains it well.
You will need to sign in to see it. It shows CBD at its peak BEFORE any amber shows up on the buds trichomes.

Blue Dream is good because it has a little higher level of CBD than most strains. I mix a little in with Harlequin to balance it to my liking. 2/3 harlequin to 1/3 blue dream. I don’t like feeling paranoid either.