First grow, harvest ETA?

Thanks, you all have been a great help. Can a noob give you his situation and you weigh in? I’d appreciate it as I’ve got quite the setup going and I’m still not even through my first grow :see_no_evil:

My first plan was to split my 4x8 into 2 4x4s for veg and flower. Shared air but separate light times, it was a whole thing as you can see…

I gave up on that and got another 2x5 for veg and now have the full 4x8 space :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

My new goal is to fill my 4x8 SCRoG style, with something like 16 plants. I currently have a 3-stage grow setup going:

1. My propagation closet with a max capacity for about 40 seedlings in solo cups. They go about 30 days before getting root-bound.
  2. When root-bound I repot into 1 gals, move into my 2x5 (dope size FYI) on 19/5h lights, then top them. I think the veg tent can realistically hold about 16 plants in 1 gals for a short cramped veg. For now the front row are seedlings, and the back row are clones I’m playing with.
  3. Then my plan is to repot again into 3gals at the end of veg and move into my 4x8 on 12/12h. I currently have 5 plants in one half of my flower tent. The last plant (based on above discussion) should be done around the end of Jan. The other half is empty for now.

I setup a HomeAssistant automation to log data and run lights, ventilation, and watering:

The eventual goal of this setup is have the veg tent feed the flower tent every 5 weeks (i.e. half of the flower/dry cycle) with an alternating 4x4 worth of vegged plants. I’d harvest half the tent every 5 weeks.

Anyway, my current situation: I have a new batch of both feminized and regular seeds; total # plants = 17, and expected # females assuming 50% = 10. The 17 seedlings are eventually going into the other half of the 4x8 but they’ll have to live in the 2x5 until then. So far I’ve transplanted and moved 6 of the 17 from round 2 that were getting root bound. Others to follow.

Because my 1st round will be done quite soon, I plan to get the 3rd round (Halitosis and Karen’s Breath from Covert Genetics) started ASAP. Round 2 should be done with veg in a month, so I could get round 3 started now right? Does this setup make sense? I don’t mind hard work… bring on the trimming :laughing:

2 Likes

Yes you could. The only back up you’ll have is the flowering tent. Some strains finish faster than others, that causes back ups.
As long as you are comfortable with getting creative weaving plants into other plants spaces, you’ll be fine. I’ve had a few grows where they were close together. Think of it this way, if the light is hitting the floor it’s wasted.
You got this.

4 Likes

:point_up_2: I remember you telling me that a few years back and I’ve kept the canopies full since then :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

I run all my stuff from clones and keep the mothers in another tent. I even take clones from the seedling and run them first. Slight variations from seed to clone exist. I figure, why not grow it out the way that it’s gonna spend the rest of its life?.

As @Covertgrower said, sometimes things cause a backup. That’s why I choose what’s next by using breeder estimates, so things fit into my timeframes. Then space them with the 5 weeks. Sometimes it’s a lil more or less, but I use whatever keeps my schedule. Running clone batches, you can fine tune the exact number of days it takes for each strain.

4 Likes

After another week, flower day 63, I’m seeing some amber but also clear trichs. I think I’m getting close?

1 Like

Old ways were not wrong it was a start. Just like 5 years ago what were the lighting like.Just like today its a new start. Peace Out

Update: I found a few ambers on the bracts so I harvested yesterday.

Not a bad haul from my first plant. My drying conditions are surprisingly perfect at 60F/60% without any environmental control.

6 Likes

That looks fantastic!!

1 Like