First Grow, Guerilla Glue & Lemon Kush, Should I continue to LST?

This is my first attempt at growing like many of you. I started with guerilla glue and lemon haze bag seed. You can see how bushy the GG has become over the past week. They are all now in the second week of flower and my real question right now is, do I continue to LST to keep the middle canopy open, or put up the netting and feed the long stems through?

The stout little one on the right is the lemon haze. Right now I am 50/50 on if she is female or male. I’m concerned it’s a male so I’ve been keeping an eye on it, but it’s taking longer to show than the GG.

Just a little background, these were placed in 3 gallon pots using fox farm ocean soil and the fox farm trio for nutes in a 2x4x5 tend using a Mars 1000 LED. I let them each veg for 8 weeks and like I said before, they are now in the second week of flower. What are your thoughts expert growers?

This is the top flower on the main stem for the GG.

1 Like

Here is a better view of my Lemon Kush. The LST I did bent the main stem all the way to the pot and then she decided to shoot straight up on the main stem. Far too thick to LST her any longer. She’s a beauty if she doesn’t turn into a male.

First grow with these so I am quite happy regardless.

4 Likes

Looks great! Keep up the good work, the plants seem super healthy to me! :v:

2 Likes

Here is the pic of the lemon… It has me worried.

And

Put one pic in a post and we can enlarge it! Ideally you want your screen set before stretch is complete, or at least that is how I do i, actually I set the screen when they go in flower!

1 Like

Thanks! Totally new here so had no idea. Here is the pic again of the lemon kush… And what looks like nuts.

2 Likes

Keep your eye on that one, in a few days we will know for sure man! Does not look good! Welcome to ILGM forum, lot’s of good people here so you are destined to get good at this! If you want someone’s attention put an @ in front of screen name like this @DarkDank and they will be notified when they log in!

4 Likes

Thank you very much Holmes, I really do appreciate it. I have another lemon right behind her. It’s odd because normally the males show up first, whereas I’m noticing the females are showing faster. The current grow is GG, two LK’s and what we think is wedding cake. All but the large LK are showing preflowers and flowers.

I’ve learned a lot from lurking over the years and figure I’d go ahead and give it a go. Trust me, I am surprised these even have made it this far… I made every rookie mistake in the beginning.

2 Likes

I smile almost as BIG knowing you got some good bud to smoke as I smile when I fire one up… ALMOST :grin: :sunglasses: :v:

1 Like

@Holmes You see any need to thin out that bush at all? It literally has over 30 flower sites just from the main canopy. I’ve read too many flower areas can affect the overall yield at harvest. Just curious on your thoughts on that bushy purple monster.

1 Like

If you are going to scrog, then you need to take everything that will not reach the net at or before the two week mark in flower! How many bud sites you want depends on several things, mainly area and lighting and feeding practices!

1 Like

Here is another view of the lemon kush. This is a bad sign I think.

If you zoom in, right next to my fingers. I’m thinking those are pollen sacks?

@Holmes Do you think waiting a few more days will be best or to get this out of the tent now? I’ve been combing over her node areas and I’m not seeing any bunches of grapes.

Im sure this is easy for most of you but I love this plant haha.

1 Like

I dont see anything that says male to me yet. Just keep an eye on it.

2 Likes

I am with ghostgrow , I would leave it for now. You need to be vigilant though because it will happen fast!

1 Like

I’m going to take your advice and give it a few more days.

Thank you all very much! My GG is doing beautifully. The tent is getting a new Mars 2000 on Saturday. I’m hoping the increase in light will increase the yield a bit.

Here is the GG today.

2 Likes

She looks ready for the prom! :grin:

1 Like

To think I almost killed her on the first transplant into the larger pot. I nursed her everyday for two weeks to bring her back.

3 Likes

It is hard to cull them sometimes, especially if you only have a few!

Well, the LK is taking its sweet time showing any sort of sex. Checked her over twice today. The others are just doing beautifully.