First grow Gorilla Glue auto by ILGM

Hello ILGM! I have spent much time reading on these forums and have decided it is time to take action, myself! I would first like to detail my current set up and what my strategy will be throughout the grow! If any of the pros here could look it over for me and let me know if i am missing/planning something detrimental!

The set up —
-2x4 gorilla tent
-600 watt dual channel viparspectra

• small exhaust fan w/carbon filter
    -air intake fan
  • clip fan for air circulation within tent
  • ff grow and ff organic bloom
  • cal-mag
  • mycorhizzal fungi
    -sohum living soil
  • gorilla glue AUTO seeds by ILGM
  • basic ph test kit and hygrometer

The strategy–

I will be germinating my seeds using any popular method.
After germination, i will drop my seeds in 5 gallon fabric pots pre soaked with RO/calmag mix. (I may add a neutral layer to start seedlings) along with a tbsp of mycos
Then i will place my seedling either under my 600 w LED or if suggested i will use some cheap cool light bulbs from walmart or something.
I will first allow my fabric pot to dry before i water until slight runoff? (I am having some serious trouble deciding on a water technique) pouring water over the topsoil most likely and will add another tbsp of myco to seedling site.
Once i am into week 2 i am going to begin adding calmag to my regular watering schedule? (Or should i just use it from the start to prevent leeching the soil?)
At this point i will move my sprout to LED lighting
When the flowering starts i will put my lights on fullspectrum (note i am running a 20-4 light schedule) at this point (and all) i will be heavily relying on sohums guarantee that i will not need to add nutrients to my medium.
At the same time i will have experiment plants which will be getting ff grow during veg and bloom during flower

I believe that is my master plan, i am hoping for success but i am also extremely naive and would greatly appreciate some input on my plan and possibly any tips on my set up or the sohum living soil. Also how much water should i use for a 5 gallon fabric pot? Thanks in advance and i will be posting my grow as soon as the second it is kicked off!
What am i missing?
What might help?
Have you used sohum living soil with Autoflower?

2 Likes

@Dg99243, welcome to the forum. Am excited to see your results, you have put thought and time into your new adventure, I did too. Am a first time grower… however reading your method, one thing comes to mind…you will have to adjust things. Happy growing!

1 Like

Thanks for the reply! I am extremely excited to see what kind of results i get as well. If you have any concerns or suggestions i will be monitoring this thread closely :slight_smile:

1 Like

Also when you say “adjustments” are you referring to light distance? :smiley:

Yes, among other things. You have a plan, I respect it. Just saying, things will come up, be prepared to have things needed, PH up and down, nutrients, how are you prepping if you get bugs? In a nutshell, you have a plan, just have resources available for anything :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Absolutely! :slight_smile: i have some n-p-k in case the soil is lacking for some reason but as far as i am lead to believe, living soil shouldnt be touched with ph as the acids will kill microbial life(also microbes buffer ph from 6-7) same as most non organic nutrients tho they are there just in case a foliar spray is needed possibly. As for pests my grow will be indoors but i will make sure to have swiirskii and sticky traps in case of a disaster

1 Like

That is if this so hum soil is all that its cracked up to be :joy:

1 Like

May 5 update:
Happy cinco de mayo everybody, i have added some things to my arsenal and adjusted my overall strategy. I currently have 5 seeds in water it has been about 18 hours. For seedling stage i will use root cubes and a t5 fixture until i transplant to their new homes here is a pic of “most” of what i will be using. (LED, recharge, and mammoth p in mail still)

1 Like

Following. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Update coming soon :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am also using SoHum living soil. I spoke with their Vice President of sales a couple days ago and he recommended PHing my water to around 6.5. I am using an aerated reservoir filled with tap water that comes out of the faucet at a PH of 7.4. I’m having some pretty great results so far!

It looks like we actually have pretty much the same setup haha. Gorilla tent, gorilla glue, SoHum soil.

Check out my journal if you’d like. We may both have the same problems if they pop up and I have received some great feedback from some fantastic growers.

1 Like

Awesome man i will check it out!

Day 7 here, i seem to have some slow growers possibly due to over watering

1 Like

That plant looks very similar to what mine looked like when I was overwatering. Do yourself a favor and get a cheap analog soil moisture meter. Let those babies dry out for 5 or 6 days and have a small 6” fan running between your light and the plants.

I also folded down the sides of my pots to allow better air flow.

Noted, i guess over watering a couple days ago when i found a lone fungus gnat in my tent, i had just been feeding 100ml daily around root zone but figured id chop it down to every 2 days might hold off in a few if my soil still seems moist for an extra day, thanks for the reference photos!

1 Like

Also i have heard we played it a bit risky by planting straight into sohum as it is a hot soil, but all the plants i have seen struggle have all recovered

2 Likes

I do have a fan running at the top of tent just havent had a genius moment on how to get it lower :sweat_smile:

1 Like