First Grow From Beginning to End

@dbrn32, too true…In truth, if I had to actually purchase the hardware that I have in place it would never happen, just timers and thermostats and the like. This whole automation thing in my grow rooms is just because I can, not a need. I just like doing it and it looks pretty cool hanging on the wall in my prep area.:+1: Blinking lights and stuff to look at…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It was only a fluke that we had the cr_p that I am using laying around our offices - normally stuff like this would have been tossed years ago. Even the slc-50X is still useful to many of our customers so would not be available to me unless I paid for it.

3 Likes

For sure! I’m in same boat. Place I worked before would be no big deal scoring something like slc-500 an I/o cards, and whatever else I could need or want. We just don’t keep that stuff at current place.

3 Likes

I’ve gone for cheapest, least amount of work required options. I am using Sonoff power outlets that monitor energy consumption and allow me to set lighting schedules, and am using Arduino-based sensors for monitoring humidity and temps. I am considering adding PH and PPM monitors based on Arduino as well… I don’t have a combined UI for controls yet. Once I have monitoring in place I might look at building a single dashboard using Blynk or something similar - ideally I’d run my own IoT server and not have to use any other services. You look to be way past where I am with this stuff right now… I’m also a guy with a degree in history, so a total hack.

6 Likes

@Bogleg if I didn’t have access to the hardware and software, I would likely go with Arduino just for cost considerations. Timers less expensive yet.

3 Likes

My main room is about 600 cubic feet, area about 64 square feet.

Does anybody have a good recommendation for a reliable and affordable dehumidifier?

@Niala @neckNflu @Donaldj @Momtomask @Countryboyjvd1971 @Covertgrower @Myfriendis410 @Rugar89 @dbrn32 @raustin

Plus anybody else that might be watching…thx folks

3 Likes

Not really super impressed with the one I have. But I can say that it was a lot easier to run dehumidifier in room my intake air was coming from than inside the grow. It made very little difference inside.

2 Likes

I purchased this one @merlin44 works very well. It took 3 days of solid running before it finally stabilized. (85% Rainforest humidity)

BLACK+DECKER BDT70PWT 70 Pint Energy Star Portable Dehumidifier with Built-in Pump

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DLPV1EO?tag=greenrel-20

3 Likes

What is the size of your room? What did this unit bring it down to?
This may be just what I need…

At the time the tent is in the house, and brought the humidity down to 20% RH. It would dip sometimes below that, but I would say it maintained it between 20 and 30. Kids would sometimes go in and out of the house a lot. So there’s your variable. @merlin44

2 Likes

Order placed…thanks @Covertgrower

2 Likes

Sounds good. Sorry I forgot to mention the room was approximately a 10x10, but it really dehumidified the whole house, of about 1,000sqft. @merlin44

2 Likes

Damn dehumidifier draws more power than your lights lol. And I think that one is probably better than a lot of them.

2 Likes

Hahahaha! @dbrn32 you’re right, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

3 Likes

Know it all too well my friend.

3 Likes

@Covertgrower thx, many of us have loved ones that are afflicted with various forms of dementia and it is never easy. I tend to use humor do deal but my wife does not always think I am funny (actually hardly ever). In the morning when we wake up, I sometimes ask her if she remembers who I am in a dead pan fashion :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: , she doesn’t laugh, thankfully has never had any problem like that yet but it will come.

She does not use cannabis but she has agreed to try it when we have dope that we grew ourselves. She is a bit of a MJ prude at this point. Says she ate some brownies in the 70’s while in college and thought they tasted terrible with minimal effect.

5 Likes

I haven’t made that joke yet, but I will when I get there. My mom will laugh I’m sure. She already repeats herself on the phone, and was withdrawn when she came to visit here. She gets lost while driving, so she sticks to familiar places.
I really hope she does try cannabis, not just for pleasure, but because it breaks down the plaque deposits that progresses the disease. Trainwreck and several strains are beneficial to slow the progression. I’ve discovered pretty much any strain for migraines seems to labeled for Alzheimer’s as well. @merlin44

6 Likes

i wish a cannabis treatment could have helped my gmother…
i’m not sure if she would have taken it.

6 Likes

Make sue those exposed roots stay moist. Yes those will be tremendously strong genetics, even though leaf development is slow. Do not drown and keep doing what is working.

1 Like

That will change soon.

3 Likes

Thanks for looking in @Viktor7 it has been a while since I posted regarding roots poking out and things have gone well for the most part. There have been a few bumps in the road but recovered before things got out of hand.
They are two weeks in to 12/12 light schedule and starting to show bud like growth.

1 Like