First Grow From Beginning to End

@highcountrygal, great advice Country Gal. I was trying to show @merlin44 what I did to keep myself busy with my raging OCD. Instead of killing my girls with too much love, I distracted myself doing research trying to figure out what type, how much and when to feed the girls. I’ve learned I can’t just sit and watch the leaves grow or the water evaporate in the grow room. I’ve got to keep my hands and mind busy to prevent me from waxing their leaves, pruning them or racking the soil in each pot.

2 Likes

@Flyr Ah a comrade in OCD! I have to keep busy or else trouble!! I have a lot of yard work to keep me busy. Last summer I went out to check on the girls about 3 times a day and at that time I would go over each and every branch and bud which took most of the day, that’s pretty sad! I am going to post some pics of the other half of my yard and you’ll see what I mean. LMAO! :yin_yang:

1 Like

@Flyr
@merlin44
@highcountrygal
@Myfriendis410

You can’t going wrong with Worm Castings and use both of these they are awesome with your plants through out your grow

And Don’t Forget The " MICROBIAL TEA "

WILL smoking-hookah

8 Likes

@garrigan62 How funny I just got the same thing different brand (Amazon.com) and totally agree with your thoughts! Bet we have the best!! :woman_farmer:t4:

@highcountrygal, I have seen your beautiful yard. I love the air plants too. And of course the girls in their little house

@garrigan62, I’m going to have to do some research to locate these recipes. Worms, Bats and Vegi Tea. Yummy.

I can help you there to, If you don’t mind where you at. are you in the states ?

@garrigan62 Central Texas, Austin

Go to Home Depo or lowes or any local grain and feed store garden supply store Or just order off of Amazon. I order through Amazon and I get my orders always in one sometimes two days early.
That’s realty your best way through Amazon. I have several soil recipes. I can tell you this that i never used any nutrients through out my grows except at the end of flower when I added sugar and some flower power…lol
Just think NO NUTRIENTS AND NO DEFISENCES ! MAKES YOU A PRO BROTHER

WILL

4 Likes

@highcountrygal

Thank you. I started my seedlings in this …

The N P K is 0.06 - 0.02 - 0.04 and then I get a couple of bags of Black Cow and mix them both togetter at 50/50 for my seedlings along with adding Worm Castings and Bat tea

and here is a pic of my Gold Leaf at 10 days from popping soil.

ping soil

and My Blueberry

2 Likes

@garrigan62, That’s a great way to look at it. No Nutes needed, So I won’t screw things up. I will have to check our Home Depot but I’d say they don’t have any of those items.

1 Like

@Flyr Go online to homedepot and check there before you go. :woman_farmer:t4:

1 Like

@highcountrygal, Yep, I find myself doing more and more recon on the internet. Mostly because most of the youngsters don’t have a clue where things are in the store.

1 Like

@Flyr

I’em sure you are wright I have found some things like your fish Castings at 0.05 - 0.05. - 0.05 great and won’t burn either. Hell here is the list for soil I make.
This one is for a small grow

1/2 Recipe
4 large bags of a high-quality organic potting soil with coco fiber and mycorrhizae (i.e., your base soil)
2 Bags Of Black Cow Soil.
12.5 to 25 lbs of organic worm castings
2.5lbs steamed bone meal
2.5lbs bloom bat guano ( This would be Jamacican Bat Guano
2.5lbs blood meal
1.5lbs rock phosphate
3/8 cup or 6 tablespoons Epsom Salts
1/4 cup or 4 tablespoon sweet lime (dolomite)
1/4 cup or 4 tablespoons azomite (trace elements)
1 tablespoon powdered humic acid

1/4 Recipe
2 large bags of a high-quality organic potting soil with coco fiber and mycorrhizae (i.e., your base soil)
2 Large Bags Of Black Cow Soil
6.25 to 12.5 lbs of organic worm castings
1.25lbs or 20 ounces steamed bone meal
1.25lbs or 20 ounces bloom bat guano ( This would Be Jamaican Bat Guano )
1.25lbs or 20 ounces blood meal
3/4 lbs rock phosphate
3/16 cup or 3 tablespoons Epsom Salts
1/8 cup or 2 tablespoons sweet lime (dolomite)
1/8 cup or 2 tablespoons azomite (trace elements)
1.5 teaspoons powdered humic acid

1/8 Recipe
1 large bags of a high-quality organic potting soil with coco fiber and mycorrhizae (i.e., your base soil)
3.125 to 6.25 lbs of organic worm castings
.625 lbs or 5/8 lbs or 10 ounces steamed bone meal
.625 lbs or 5/8 lbs or 10 ounces bloom bat guano
.625 lbs or 5/8 lbs or 10 ounces blood meal
3/8 lbs or 6 ounces rock phosphate
3/32 cup or 1.5 tablespoons Epsom Salts
1/16 cup or 1 tablespoon sweet lime (dolomite)
1/16 cup or 1 tablespoon azomite (trace elements)
3/4 teaspoon powdered humic acid

3 Likes

@garrigan62. Now I need to get a good set of scales. One for smaller items and another one for heavier items. I can’t wait to start another family of girls with that fancy food in the dirt. If I ask for all those items they might actually think I know what I’m doing.

@garrigan62 I’ve never seen the citrus one, I used Black Gold seed starter (Amazon.com) and together with my seed warmer took 3 days to sprout. I like Miracle Gro stuff a lot of people don’t, but if you look close at different products they are made by Miracle Gro. Whatever works, does. :woman_farmer:t4:

@Flyr For sure Mulegal just went to find gypsum and they told her they didn’t have it Go figure

1 Like

@garrigan62. Jamaican Bat Poop? Is that better than other Bat Guano? If so, is it their diet that makes the difference? What’s a small grow for you?

1 Like

@highcountrygal

MG is a hot soil and if you don’t break it down it will burn your plants and or have nothing put problems. Been there done that no more…lol
and if you mix your soil the way i do no nutrient need and very, very little deficiencies if any at all

3 Likes

@garrigan62 Ha I am reading your post and I saw the MG and totally thought you were talking about MuleGal. Old age is so full of surprises. Last year ('17) I used that expando MG and a few different soils (Amazon.com) never had any problems never used a lot of nutes (Super Thrive, Bone Meal, an occasional sprinkle of rose food and of course gypsum). Toward bloom time I do use Beasty Bud. KISS, way too much thinking, monitoring, measuring and reading for me. :woman_farmer:t4: