First Grow - Found Some Mold on Buds in Curing Jar - Now What?!?

Hello ILGM Community.

I am 1 week into curing my first ever harvest. It seems the learning experience isn’t over yet…smh.

I was inspecting the jars during their morning burp and discovered some mold growth on a few of the buds… pictured below. What a huge disappointment.

I have used hygrometers and Boveda packs to ensure a stable 60-63% environment in the jars. I have opened them once per day to breathe.

DO I NEED TO TOSS OUT THE ENTIRE CONTENTS OF THE JAR AT THIS POINT?

And would this be a product of inadequate drying before jarring? Or something that was on the plant from its time outside? There was some bud rot / pest damage on the flowers from the wet and humid summer, but I tried to remove all damaged buds before drying.

I am about to inspect the rest of the jars and am nervous about what I am going to discover…

Any advice is welcome.

THANKS!
Matt

1 Like

I think that is critter related. Some kind of webbing. Is that all there is?

3 Likes

Looks like some kind of web to me as well

2 Likes

I went through all 6 jars and found a couple instances in each jar. Always that same white, somewhat cottony matter, located near the bottom of the bud where it was cut from the stem. I put the clean buds bag in the jars pending some insight from the community. Thanks for the reply, @oldmarine.

1 Like

Remove it, check for bugs, double check you removed it all and check for bugs again…

2 Likes

If it’s critters: throw it all in the freezer in it’s jars for 6 or 7 days.

I agree pic looks like a pest not wpm.

Strongly suggest you adopt a policy of doing a bud wash in peroxide/water at the time of harvest (too late now) as this will make for a cleaner harvest, especially outdoors. Besides; it makes sense to clean crap that has landed on the plant off before smoking. Here’s after one plant grown indoors:

2 Likes

thanks @Myfriendis410. Is there a formula / ratio you recommend for washing with peroxide / water?

1 Like
1 Like

I do 2-3 gallons water and 1 quart of 3% peroxide.