First grow for me

I had it backwards so if your water solution is in range then your soil is also. got that and I have a water ph tester at work, can use it temp. I will look into what you sent I also went looking after reading today several places have the ph meters, the ph up and down was harder to find. the first one I saw was 2400 dollars. but I hunted and found several that can be gotten. also meters water and soil and the prices weren’t bad. I still haven’t received my seeds yet so I have time. I am doing my bastard seeds just for practice. what dictates you adding water solution?

1 Like

Mostly correct. Soil PH can go off, but it will definitely be off if the water isn’t ph’d. However, to determine that, it’s easiest to measure the runoff (with the same PH meter) instead of the “soil” itself.

That being said, I’m 60 days in and have measured my runoff only twice. If I see a problem with my plants, I’d measure it for data so I could ask here what people think. I assume if I put good in, I’m fine 99% of the time.

I hope that makes sense.

how do you know how much solution to put in the plant and when?

It partly depends on your starting soil. But, most nutrients have directions on them. I’d start with 25% of what is says and slowly work up. It’s easier to add more than to get rid of excess.

For example, I use FoxFarm Ocean Forest soil which doesn’t need food for 4-6 weeks because the plant (starter leaves) and soil have enough in it.

If you have just plain organic soil, you can start after those first round leaves yellow. Again, starting slow (25% amount directed on container)

That’s good advice @Matthew420
You been busy typing I see lol
Don’t stress out you get the hang of it quickly one two times you do it @fwn54
Like Matt said ph water in you cant go wrong sweet spot is 6.5 for soil ph and if you see problems check ph and ppm of run off
He bought starter kit does it come with soil ?

1 Like

hehe, I wasn’t going to mention PPM yet :slight_smile: Baby steps… Although I suspect he works around water so probably knows already.

1 Like

I believe he questioned me earlier on in thread lol
Yes he’s aware f it lol

1 Like

Funny, my watering style doesn’t really give me runoff. I water less, more often. Just what works for me.

1 Like

Also remember to add your nutes first, let them sit for 5 min, then ph the water accordingly.