First grow, first post

Sorry for the slow response.

Your light looks good based on the description, but not having par data or spectrum posted is kinda suspect. Therefore kind of hard to say what you have vs what you need.

Great info and suggestions from the others. If raising the short ones doesn’t keep up, maybe consider doing some bending on the tall ones. Gently pulling the main stalk to the side should stunt it, and make the rest of the plant catch up in height. Could even things out for you.

That’s because you are new. As you rank up in stats a little you wont have a limit on how many posts a day you can make. Liking others posts, receiving likes, and reading more threads will help you rank up faster.
@Covertgrower

4 Likes

@Covertgrower

Tell me you didn’t just pull that out for transplant?!

You should turn the pot upside down while supporting the stem between your fingers. Pulling it out like a weed will break some roots and stress it.

Just an FYI for next time.

Ps. If you didn’t- then just ignore me, the picture could just be misleading :v:t3:

4 Likes

Lmao. No, I didn’t just “yank it”! I scooped underneath it, and gently caressed it, curiosity got the best of me of when they’ll start massive rooting. I then re transplanted it caressing it into a hollow and gently folding the FFOF soil back around, then thoroughly watered it back in.

As for others that we’re questioning the number of plants I have. It’s a family thing, some of my family members do not have a green thumb, and cannot grow where they live. So not all of it is for me. For myself, the WW, GSC, and Txaki are my migraine medication. (I’m not certain which strain will work best) I suffer from migraines, and so far no amount medication has solved this problem. I’ve recently tried cannabis from a friend who said just try it… I did as a last resort from a 2 week long spell of a migraine everyday. It changed my perspective on things, and that’s how I got to this point. I was very open to it as a medicine for many other ailments. Now realizing this, I truly feel for those who aren’t fortunate enough to reside in a state where it’s legal, or even legal for medicinal reasons because this really has helped me.

7 Likes

@Covertgrower

Hahahaha whew! Just making sure!!

1 Like

Grow update: After checking for roots devoloping, I am hoping that by now they will have enough for some training. I pinched the top on Girl Scout Cookies, White Widow, and the Txaki. GSC is the one shown. I didn’t do it to all of them because its just an experiment, and first time grow for me. I didn’t want to over love them, and do damage, that’s why I only did it to 3 of them. I am curious about end harvest numbers though. Can anyone vouche for the FIM technique? In comparing the same strain that nothing was done to them? Where you just pinch the stem near the top.

I even turned off the light for all of you! Lol

18 Likes

Gonna have your hands full. Lots of pretty girls

5 Likes

After damaging them, they’ve already firmed up but are still at an angle. This is a good thing so soon right? Means they’re healthy? New to this.

3 Likes

Wow CG you have some pretty girls there! Totally impressed. I will be following and like I said, let me know how it goes with your GSC :slight_smile: Amazing job for a first grow! :+1: :1st_place_medal::trophy:

1 Like

Thanks @rodri59, it helps I have a little bit of a green thumb. Learned a lot from my dad gardening other things… hahaha. I’m super excited to get these things started on 12/12 but I am patient enough to wait. I intend to attempt cloning, and also intend to monster crop a clone. Don’t know until you try! This should be a wild ride of hopefully mostly successes, but possibly some failures.

Oh for sure! Experiment, that’s what it is all about. I just made my first attempt at Topping and fimming. Turns out I top like a pro, fimming?.. yeah, not so much lol. But no harm no foul.

Funny thing is I considered myself a black thumb and was really hesitant about starting this (considering the money invested if I failed miserably at it) MJ has greened up my thumb substantially (and the amazing help from all the pros here) and I am now raising orchids! Hah! Never thought I would get to that point.

I plan on attempting cloning and scroging or soging…Just not this go 'round. later…there will be time enough later :slight_smile:

Keep up da good work dood!! :crazy_face:

7 Likes

Yes, there were so many helpful articles to read on the website, and would consider them invaluable. I believe one of the most helpful tools was the male/female diagram.
So straight from the grow room tonight the news on the THC Bomb regular seeds is that all 3 are GIRLS… I have literally been checking for signs of pistols every day since i discovered you could within so many weeks. I cannot contain my excitement, and will promptly upload pictures the best I can tomorrow. Those things are SMALL!

4 Likes

:fireworks::sparkler::sparkles::balloon::tada::confetti_ball::kiss::gift_heart::heavy_heart_exclamation::boom: yay!

Its a mans world!, but a man ain’t nuttin without a woman or a girl…:innocent::nail_care:t3::tulip::seedling::herb:

8 Likes

6 Likes

@Covertgrower

Are you on 12/12 already?

Those might not be pistils- could be pre flowers- you really won’t see pistils until you start 12/12.

1 Like

Well preflowers are good too right? 18/6 for lighting.
@garrigan62 @Hogmaster what do you think? Just to clarify.

2 Likes

Looks like they aren’t telling yet!! My 2 Gold Leaf started flowering before I dropped to 12/12 by about 10-12 days. They definitely weren’t preflowers and are now in full bud in spite of the fact that I just dropped to 12/12 on Sunday night.

2 Likes

@Covertgrower I veg at 14/10 then when I’m ready to flower 12/12

2 Likes

Besides the electric bill, what are the advantages of allowing it a longer dark period for vegging? Do the plants respond better when you switch them to flower?

1 Like

If their photo fem plants I will veg for at least a month sometimes three months and then put it into flower longer are you veg the bigger your plan will be just be prepared to have a good big pot to put it in

1 Like